1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 4:53 AM by Steve Grisetti

Transition got "stuck" and obscured rest of clip. Help!

zenhog

I had a video of a mixture of clips and stills - around 30 total clips and an hour total. Some of the clips were "grouped".

I chose the Summer Fun InstantMovie theme. Some of the clips used this "infrared" style transition and the transition never really finished -left the clip unviewable in this whitish -red state. The audio was fine.

I broke apart the instant movie and if I selected the "Pan and Zoom" button for the clip -the program would hang. I could find no other way to try to see what was going on. The timeline looked fine. This wasn't a video overlay causing the problem -something was done by instant movie to the clip itself.

What could be going on?

And

Is there any way ti "undo" or remove the effects used by an instant movie?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Transition got "stuck" and obscured rest of clip. Help!
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder did your video come from?

What project settings did you select when you started your Premiere Elements project?

Did you ensure that all photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size?

Once you've broken apart an InstantMovie, you can certainly remove any effects by right-clicking on each clip and selecting Show Properties. But if your'e using optimized footage and optimized photo sizes, none of the InstantMovie effects should give you problems.