7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2011 7:49 AM by Steve Grisetti

PRE 10 - Sound Only

AgilityDogs Level 1

I recently installed Pre 10. I created a new project with presets of HD 1080i 30.  Source camera is a Canon Vixia HRF20…  I used the Get Media function in PRE 10.  The problem that I am having is an image appears in the monitor screen when I play it but there is no motion (acts like a still) – only sound. My graphics card is an Intel® HD Graphic 2.1.0 – Latest update 10/27/11 (per Intel website) installed. When I try to preview an individual clip, I get a White Screen and audio.  Below are the screen shots.

I also created this same project in PRE 7 and everything works fine.

What could the problem be in PRE 10?

Thank you!!

Agilitydogs

• 1. Re: PRE 10 - Sound Only
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are there red lines above the clips on your timeline? If so, you aren't using the correct project settings for your video.

If there are no red lines above your clips, your computer may not be powerful enough to work with AVCHD footage. Do you have a quad core or i7 processor?

• 2. Re: PRE 10 - Sound Only
            AgilityDogs Level 1

Hi Steve ....  thanks for the quick response.  No .. a red line doesn't appear in the time line..

I don't think that it's a computer problem because I created the same project in PRE7 on the same computer from the same camera.  I have created many projects in PRE7 using the same camera, presets etc. on the same computer without a problem.  I just installed PRE 10 and PSE 10 within the last few days.  But ...  to answer your question I have a Dell N5010 with sn Intel(r) Premium (r) CPU.  Running 64 bit Windows 7.  I'm not the most technical savvy so I hope that I answered your question.

I'll try again to insert the screen shots.  If they don't appear   What is the correct way to do that?

Thank you!

Thank you!

• 3. Re: PRE 10 - Sound Only

The best way to set up your project and to import the video is as described in parts 1 and 2 of our 8 part Basic Training tutorials.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

And make sure you've got the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com!

• 4. Re: PRE 10 - Sound Only
                AgilityDogs Level 1

Steve ....   I viewed the tutorials that you suggested.  Good information.  But my problem still isn't solved.  I did try to create a new project with different presets and PRE 10 responded with a msg that the presets didn't match the source of the clips.  So i suspect the presets are correct. 

Also, I mentioned in my previous posts that I created the same project successfully in PRE 7 with the same source camera, presets, etc. What are the major differences between PRE7 and PRE 10 that I would have this problem??

If you could see the screen shots of my timeline, monitor  and preview screens it could help to determine the problem.  How can I include screen shots in a post??

• 5. Re: PRE 10 - Sound Only

Sometimes the program gets confused with some video sources.

If you've selected the Hard Disk Camcorder standard def settings for your VOB files, your settings are correct. Ignore the warning.

Have you finished a project yet with these settings to do a side-by-side comparison of the original and new DVD?

• 6. Re: PRE 10 - Sound Only
                    AgilityDogs Level 1

Steve ....  I have found the problem and the soltuion..  When I open PRE 10 I got and "incompatible driver" message.  I searched the forum and found your response "have you tried this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769303".

I followed your instructions.  The message no longer appears and the video and sound are working!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

• 7. Re: PRE 10 - Sound Only

ATS: Always Trust Steve. (Or Neale, John, Tony or Bill -- or especially Robert!)

Happy New Year!