4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2012 4:17 AM by Petzouil31

Probleme when capturing through AVDC100 on MAC

Petzouil31

Hi ,

I get this trouble on 2 Mac Machines ( MACPRO 10.6.8 ) .

When capturing vhs through Caonpus AVDC1OO , when the signal become low ( make video jumping ) or between scenes ( like nothing between 2 videos on the tape ) , Premiere Stop to capture by itself , even with scenes detection off ...

Any idea ? it is very boring to stay during 2Hours in front of the display to be sure that it doesn't stop ...

I used old PP ( 2.0 ) and it doesn't happened , i look through the net , and couldn't find any answer ...

Thank's for all if you get a solution

Regards

Franck

• 1. Re: Probleme when capturing through AVDC100 on MAC
          Petzouil31 Level 1

Hi AGain,

Also sometimes , after 3min 20 Sec it just stop :

Vidéo still running without default , i don't have the window to save the file , but the time show the acquisition duration stop to increase ( and acquisition aswell )

I'm probably not clear , but english is not my language , sorry about that .

I really need help ,cause i get 3 powerfull machine , but very hard to use with this troubles

Regards

Franck

• 2. Re: Probleme when capturing through AVDC100 on MAC
            Petzouil31 Level 1

Up,

70 Read , no help ??

Come on , i read other person having this trouble on the net , i even have , on dv capture , capturing stop if blank scenes betwween 2 others scenes . And i confirme i have not select scene detection and other stuff

• 3. Re: Probleme when capturing through AVDC100 on MAC
              Stephen_Spider Level 3

1)  I'm guessing that Caonpus AVDC1OO is an old device, and maybe the drivers are not that good with new systems.

2)  I don't know if analog to DV converters ever had scene detect. You have to work manually.

3)  A blank signal will cause DV capture to fail or file corruption on most systems

• 4. Re: Probleme when capturing through AVDC100 on MAC
                Petzouil31 Level 1

Hi Stephen ,

thank's for youer answer ,

Scenes detect off , i DO NOT select the option to signal when there is corrupt signal , and there is no driver for the AVDC110 ( in fact this is 110 not 100 ) .

The trouble come with all device i connect , ex : GVD800 ( i can connect analog signal in to get it in the MAC ) , GVD200 or GVD300 ( they are tape player , we can get Analog signal through )

The things is , that sometimes with the same tape i can get all tape in 1 Rush , sometimes not , and that could even crash Premiere

i'm confused with this cause on my old systems with PP2.0 , i don't have any trouble for capturing , even DV with blank signal , it just continue till next video on the tape .

What i want with Premiere ,it is getting ALL tape in 1 rush , comming from analog ( Through a converter - AVDC 110 , Numerique tape player ) or DV Signal ( if i do not select "scenes detection" )

BTW " Happy new year " to everyone

Franck