8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2011 8:52 AM by BKBK RSS

CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types

jenn Community Member

How can all mime types for Office 2007 be included in accepting file types. This is what I have:  

...accept="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet, etc.".

• 1. Re: CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types
          BKBK MVP

jenn wrote:

How can all mime types for Office 2007 be included in accepting file types. This is what I have:  

...accept="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml .sheet, etc.".

I would do it as follows, the way El Dombo would. Get hold of all the Office 2007 MIME types. Then shove them all in the accept attribute.

<cfset OFFICE2007MimeTypes = "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document,application/vnd. ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocess ingml.template,application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12,application/vnd.openxmlfor mats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet,application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12,app lication/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.template,application/vnd.ms-excel .template.macroEnabled.12,application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12,applicatio n/vnd.ms-excel.addin.macroEnabled.12,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.present ationml.presentation,application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroEnabled.12,applicatio n/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow,application/vnd.ms-powerpoint .slideshow.macroEnabled.12,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.te mplate,application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.template.macroEnabled.12,application/vnd.ms-powerpoin t.addin.macroEnabled.12,application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slide ,application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slide.macroEnabled.12,application/onenote,application/vnd.m s-officetheme">

<cfif isdefined("form.sbmt")>
          <cffile action = "upload" 
                  fileField = "myFile" 
                  destination = "c:\test" 
                  accept = "#OFFICE2007MimeTypes#" 
                  nameConflict = "MakeUnique">
          </cfif>
          <cfform method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
          <cfinput name="myFile" type="file">
          <cfinput name="sbmt" type="submit" value="upload">
          </cfform>

• 2. Re: CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types
            jenn Community Member

It takes all formats except for the spreadsheets. Any ideas?

• 3. Re: CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types
              BKBK MVP

What's the file extension of the spreadsheets?

• 4. Re: CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types
                jenn Community Member

xls, and xlsx

• 5. Re: CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types
                  Dave Watts ACP

What MIME type is your computer sending when you attempt to upload one of these files? You can view that using Firebug, or something similar.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

• 6. Re: CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types
                    BKBK MVP

jenn wrote:

xls, and xlsx

Xls? I suspected something like that. You said Office 2007!

MIME type for XLS: application/vnd.ms-excel

MIME type for XLS: application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet

Oh, and watch out when you copy-and-paste. For example, you would have encountered a problem if you copied the list OFFICE2007MimeTypes that I used above. The software of this forum adds arbitrary spaces to the list.

• 7. Re: CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types
                      jenn Community Member

Yes, I thought it was having an issue with xlsx, so I tried using an older version of the same document in xls. Both failed to upload. It is only the spreadsheet format that does not get uploaded. Do you think it could be a server issue?

• 8. Re: CFFILE - Accepting Office 2007 Mime Types
                        BKBK MVP

jenn wrote:

Yes, I thought it was having an issue with xlsx, so I tried using an older version of the same document in xls. Both failed to upload. It is only the spreadsheet format that does not get uploaded. Do you think it could be a server issue?

There could be a problem with the binary content of that particular document. Repeat the procedure with a different XLSX file.