1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2011 7:19 PM by Jim_Simon

Problem with still image quality 1920 x 1080 HD Export

markatimarc

Hey everyone ---

Question that I can't seem to find a clear answer for -- maybe you can help !

I am producing a film and am exporting it using the H264 setting, square pixels, CBR. Video quality is wonderful --- but I am having an issue with a still image. Essentially, I am importing an image of a film logo at the beginning of my film. The image is vector, dropped into photoshop from illustrator, saved as either an EPS or jpg, then I import that into the timeline. Once exported, video looks crisp and beautiful, but the logo at the beggining has slightly jagged edges and is NOT crystal sharp super clear as it should be or as it was saved as.

I've tried a few things but can't seem to get the formula right. I tried adjusting frame size, doesn't work. I tried bringing in a HUGE image and scaling it down, again, doesn't work. I've used many versions of premiere (since 6.0) and I don't remember ever having this sort of problem. I've tried all the frame sizes, from 1440 x 1080 to 1920 x 1080 (my source footage) and it just doesn't like to render the image crisply.

Any ideas?

Thanks !