3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2011 11:30 PM by TessFea

Opening jpeg files in CS5.1 extended

TessFea

I have installed (and re-installed) CS5.1 extended. I can open Raw files but when I try to open a jpeg it opens a dialogue box labelled Camera raw 6.3 jpeg with the image in it . When I then try to open the file from there into the main CS5 work area I just get a corrupted image.  I previously had the education version installed pending verification which worked perfectly.

• 1. Re: Opening jpeg files in CS5.1 extended
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

In photoshop got to Edit>Preferences>Camera Raw (Photoshop>Preferences on a mac) and select disable jpeg and tiff support so the jpegs and tiffs open normally into photoshop.

Untitled-1.png

If the files still look corrupted in photoshop, you might need to update the drivers for your video card from the card makers site not microsoft.

As an experiment if opening the jpegs without camera raw still results in corrupt looking files, you can go to Edit>Preferences>Performance and uncheck

Enable OpenGL drawing and see if that makes a difference, but that's not a fix and you still might need to update your video card drivers.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Opening jpeg files in CS5.1 extended
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Another trick when all else fails is to delete the Photoshop and/or Bridge Preference files.  That can fix all sorts of weird behavour.

• 3. Re: Opening jpeg files in CS5.1 extended
              TessFea Level 1

"Edit>Preferences>Performance and uncheck 

Enable OpenGL drawing and see if that makes a difference, but that's not a fix and you still might need to update your video card drivers."

Many thanks - that worked as a quick fix - I shall try and update my drivers now.