3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2011 9:49 PM by Rick Gerard

how to remove moving bands flicker ?

ronfya Level 1

Hi there,

I shot a vid with my 7D and can't shoot it anymore.

I have some horizontal moving bands on it. Causing disturbing moving flickering.

The problem is similar as the one in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Go3ksjkoKU

Is there any way I can get rid of it (or at least attenuate it) in AE or Premiere ?

Thanks

R.

• 1. Re: how to remove moving bands flicker ?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean moray patterns caused by the line skipping your DSLR does when it makes video? They look more like the real weird pattern ion the roof this still:

Screen Shot 2011-12-29 at 5.38.08 PM.png

You can see the pattern move by simply scrolling the browser up and down.

Or do you mean light flicker like the one caused by the fluorescent fixture in the YouTube video?

Both are very difficult to solve. The way the funky pattern in the roof on the shot above was solved was to do a 3D track and replace the roof with some artwork that didn't produce the moray patterns.

To solve flickering light you can try Effects>Color Correction>Color Stabilizer. Sometimes it works. I can't give you better advice unless I can see a few frames of the footage at full resolution because scaling changes everything when things are going wonky.

• 2. Re: how to remove moving bands flicker ?
            ronfya Level 1

Or do you mean light flicker like the one caused by the fluorescent fixture in the YouTube video?

Yes. The slow moving wide bands. I suppose they come from fluorescent light ... even though I have no idea what the lighting actually was.

And as for the color stabilizer, I gave it a quick try and it gave very weird results. Maybe I will have to read about  how it works before ...

Any other idea ? Maybe a dedicated plugin ?

Thx

• 3. Re: how to remove moving bands flicker ?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dealing with flickering video levels that roll through the picture are very difficult to deal with. I'd need to see the footage to give you a better suggestion.