11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2012 7:09 AM by nealeh

Premiere elements 10 wont run

clarkeian

I have purchased by download pse10 and pe10 64bit version, downloaded fine and installed fine, I have a 1 year old Toshiba i3 windows 7 64bit laptop.  pse10 runs fine, but when i try to run pe10 the front screen appears and organiser runs but new project will not, If I go into organiser, select a video and then try to create a dvd with menu, the pe10 loading screen appears with all the applets being loaded and then just disapears. I spent 2.25 hours with the help desk yesterday with no solution, I have updated all of my drivers, latest version of quicktime installed, tried running in various compatabilty modes, Can anyone throw any light on this problem? Thanks in anticipation.

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
          8tharmy

Hi

Same problem. follow my thred in downloads and instalation. Strange we both have Toshiba's

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>Toshiba i3 windows 7 64bit laptop

Does your laptop meet the EFFECTIVE minimum requirements?

For effective HD video editing, a laptop with the following

-the newer Intel sandy bridge 2720 or 2820 quad processor

-and nvidia graphics preferably the 460m, 485m is a bit much

-1280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0-compatible graphics card

-and 8 or 16 gig ram and Win7 64bit Pro

-and 2 internal 7200 HDDs minimum

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
              8tharmy Level 1

Hi John

No were near, have posted what my machine has. It more than meets adobe minimum though

ttfn

johnb

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
                8tharmy Level 1

Hi Clarkeiman

My problem has been transfered to this forum, seems to be a posibility that the video drivers on Toshiba's are the problem. Waiting for Adobe tech to see if they take up the suggestion of loading elements on a toshiba laptop

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
                  8tharmy Level 1

Hi

Try this worked for me. You may need to check with toshiba as my machine is a c660 21q

Toshiba's reply and it WORKS on my machine, elements runs fine. Laptop reverts to basic display after restart and I used the graphics adaptor that loads with the download in advance mode to alter refresh rate to 60. The default is 40

ttfn
                  johnb

----- Forwarded Message -----

Sent:
                  Wednesday, 4 January 2012, 9:14
                  Subject: Re:Toshiba Computer Systems Enquiry

Dear Mr Bray

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Toshiba Reference Number:      
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your recent enquiry.
                    Please try uninstalling the present display driver and updating it with the latest driver from Intel, to uninstall the present driver please boot the Notebook to the Windows desktop screen, open the Start Menu and type Device in to the search line, select Device Manager from the list above where you typed. In the Device Manager click the arrow to the left of the line saying Display adapter, then right click the Intel display adapters name and select Uninstall. When prompted whether you want to continue the uninstall, make sure that you put a Tic in the box where it says Do you want to delete the software for this device.

Once the driver is uninstalled restart the notebook and download the driver,

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/2067 6/a08/Win7Vista_64_152252.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=20676&keyword=%22HM55%22

Install the driver and then test the Adobe software, if you are still having issues please contact Adobe support at http://www.adobe.com/support/photoshopelements/  .

If you require any further assistance please contact us on 0844 847 8944 (UK) or 01248 1248 (Ireland), Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm or reply to this email.

Regards,

Ian
                  Toshiba

Connect with Toshiba: Facebook / YouTube / Twitter / Toshiba Life

--
                  This communication is from Toshiba Information Systems (UK) Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with Company Number 918861, whose registered address is at Toshiba Court, Weybridge Business Park, Addlestone Road, Weybridge, Surrey KT15 2UL, England.

This email (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute, copy or otherwise use this communication or the information in it.

This email may also contain technical information which is subject to export control requirements under applicable laws and regulations. You must ensure you comply with all applicable export control requirements in force from time to time when using or distributing the information contained in this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be solely those of the author and are not necessarily those of Toshiba Information Systems (UK) Ltd. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the email and any copies of it.

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
                    clarkeian Level 1

Thanks for the info, the link is rediredted saying that address has moved? Filled out all of the boxes for the latest downloads for the intell display driver 8.15.10.2509 (current driver 8.15.10.2189), driver wont install due to laptop manufacturers restrictions.

• 7. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
                      nealeh Level 5

Did you remove the Display Adapter from Device Manager first ? That seems to be the essential action needed to install the generic driver.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 8. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
                        8tharmy Level 1

Hi

Link gone from my machine too, must be time dated. Try emailing Toshiba support they helped me. email I used wasCall Center UK CS <laptop@toshiba.co.uk>;

ttfn

johnb

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
                          8tharmy Level 1

Yes thanks see reply from toshiba, elements worked fine after following their advice

ttfn

johnb

1 person found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
                            clarkeian Level 1

Thanks for the info, yes I have now removed the old driver and the lates intel driver now loads and hey guess what? PE10 now loads whoopee.

My greatfull thanks to all concerned.

Cheers

• 11. Re: Premiere elements 10 wont run
                              nealeh Level 5

Good news. Enjoy your video editing.

Cheers,
                              --
                              Neale
                              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children