1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 30, 2011 12:46 PM by EmondMontgomery RSS

Problem getting a PDF to show up in the store

EmondMontgomery

I'm having a problem getting a particular PDF into my bookstore. I can successfully package/upload the book into ACS, and I can export the books.xml file for my store. The file shows the book I want to add to the store, but when I update my store with the books.xml file, the  book I want to add to the store does not appear.

I had a similar problem a few months ago with another PDF book: I could upload it to ACS and it was included in the books.xml file, but it wouldn't show up in the store. I finally traced the problem to an image on the cover and the title page: Once I removed the image, the PDF book showed up in the store.

I've done everything I can think of with the problem PDF: omitted bookmarks and hyperlinks, replaced all original images with save-for-web JPGs, used a totally vanilla cover image, used Acrobat to preflight the file (no problems reported), and used Acrobat to convert colors (which shouldn't be necessary -- the PDF was exported from InDesign using the Smallest Size preset) -- no luck. I've also confirmed that I can add a file to the store by uploading a one-page, one-colour PDF.

Any suggestions about what to do next?

• 1. Re: Problem getting a PDF to show up in the store
          EmondMontgomery Community Member

I resolved the problem by regenerating the PDF -- by printing to Postscript and then distilling. I'm now in the process of adding the file information in Properties and making bookmarks again. I trust these additional things don't break the store again.

Apparently there was some problem somewhere that my store was aware of but that InDesign, Acrobat, and ACS were unaware of.