2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 2:55 PM by JohnRCain

Will iTunes hinder adding music tracks to a video project?

JohnRCain

Working on a recent video project I incurred an error message when trying to add music from my files.  Went about it in the normal way (add media - from files) - highlighted file and clicked OK; got error.

Recently added iTunes software to manage my music files.  Did note during installation that a couple of files were deleted.  Now the iTunes software grabs screen every time I try to download from CD.

Question 1.  Is there a patch for Premiere Elements that will recognize files in iTunes format and allow adding to a video project?

Question 2.  If not, can I delete iTunes and go back to using Media Manager?  Will I have to re-install Elements to get back the deleted pathway?

• 1. Re: Will iTunes hinder adding music tracks to a video project?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

iTunes music includes copy protection DRM software that will keep it from being used in a video editing project. (This is why many people prefer to use music from Amazon.com.)

You can override this protection by burning your iTunes music to a disc and them ripping the music from the disc as an MP3.

The files will work even better if you use a program like Audacity to turn it into a WAV file.

It's an iTunes thing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Will iTunes hinder adding music tracks to a video project?
            JohnRCain Level 1

Thanks Steve - gotter done and it worked fine.  Wish I hadn't loaded iTunes, but am stuck with it now and will do the work around when needed. Happy New Year,

Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:52:26 -0700

To: jr_cain@msn.com

Subject: Will iTunes hinder adding music tracks to a video project?

Re: Will iTunes hinder adding music tracks to a video project?

created by Steve Grisetti in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

iTunes music includes copy protection DRM software that will keep it from being used in a video editing project. (This is why many people prefer to use music from Amazon.com.) You can override this protection by burning your iTunes music to a disc and them ripping the music from the disc as an MP3. The files will work even better if you use a program like Audacity to turn it into a WAV file. It's an iTunes thing. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4110640#4110640

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4110640#4110640. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.