2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2012 8:21 AM by Steve Grisetti

My premiere elements keeps freezing!

DH_11

I recently bought Premiere Elements 10, at a store and I installed all the necessary components. But when I work on my projects, I have about 5 minutes tops before it freezes and my mouse dissapears. (And it happens EVERYTIME) I can't even get task manager up, so I have to pull out my battery. I have all the necessary computer requirements, and more than enough memory. What is wrong with it?

• 1. Re: My premiere elements keeps freezing!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

With general crashes & hangs, I would look over this ARTICLE. It starts with general tips for performance, and then works up to troubleshooting tips through links.

With the mouse disappearing, my first action would be to update your video driver. What make/model video card do you have? What is the number/date of the installed video driver? Do not trust Windows, or any utility, to tell you if you have the latest driver version. Go to the nVidia, or ATI/AMD Web site and plug in your model of video card, plus your OS, and check there.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: My premiere elements keeps freezing!
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, what model of camcorder is your video coming from and how did you get it onto your computer?

And, when you set up your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?