4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2012 2:50 PM by Steve Grisetti

AuthorScriptHDMV_x64.dll error

Goore108

Hi, I downloaded an evaluation version of Adobe Premiere Elements 10. I prepared my video and shared it to a folder with AVCHD setting and H.264 1920x1080i PAL Dolby preset. After more then 5 hours of encoding video it crashed with error:

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 10.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x4e791009

AuthorScriptHDMV_x64.dll, version: 8.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x4e449812

Any advice? I tried to find any solution by reading this forum, other forums, knowlidge base,.... etc but didnt find nothing similar.

Goore

It was just before the end  - 99% of encoding was done.

All prerequisities checked and are O.K.

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

8 GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1900 Series

• 1. Re: AuthorScriptHDMV_x64.dll error
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your source video? When you started  your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select? As I say in my books, setting up your project to match your source video's specs is vital to a successful project.

Are you editing to your C drive or to a second or external drive?

• 2. Re: AuthorScriptHDMV_x64.dll error
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with the answers to Steve's questions, please let us know how much defragmented free-space you have on the destination HDD.

The AuthorScript is a Sonic module for DVD/BD authoring. Adobe licenses the Sonic AuthorCore modules, and what we see in PrE (and also Adobe Encore - the stand-alone authoring program, with PrPro) is an abstraction layer, with the AuthorCore modules running in the background. There can be many reasons for one of those to fail (and the error messages are not the best in the industry, thanks to the modular design of the Sonic elements), but problems on the Timeline, and lack of adequate defragmented free-space are the most likely causes, so let's get one out of the way early.

Also, this ARTICLE gives one a checklist to go through (plus more advanced troubleshooting, and tune-up tips).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: AuthorScriptHDMV_x64.dll error
              Goore108 Level 1

I have recently reinstalled completle computer with fresh Windows. I use 3 internal SATA drives (one for installed PrE, second for caching and encoding and third for storing final video). More then 200 GB free per each. I used the same output like input - 1920x1080i, 25 fps, PAL. Input format is in *.mts from Sony compact Camera.

When I use only a part of edited video its running well and everything is encoded and stored properly. So I suspect it could be connected to Sonic module for which I had to request a free license.

As I wrote - its only an evaluation of the software because I am looking for a new one which can be used for editing HD videos.

May I ask you what would you recommend (even you are "Adobe Premiere gurus") for the purpose as the intermmediate user?

I want to focus next try on Avid Studio (or Pinnacle) and Sony Vegas.

• 4. Re: AuthorScriptHDMV_x64.dll error
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Premiere Elements is an excellent program and very easy to use -- and with a number a wonderful rewards -- once you learn the basics. That's why I created some Basic Training tools.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685

But we can't help you if you don't answer our questions.