2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2012 8:28 AM by the_wine_snob

How do I add animations to titles using premeire elements 10

DevinPig

I took a multimedia class at my school which used premeire cs4 and i learned in the class how to make titles and pictures move and do animations using keyframes(like moving on and off screen and spinning etc.) also I don't see how to use green screen effects with this software it seems like it really does not seem like elements 10 does not do that much, or is it just my imagination. and while I'm at it can I get Media encoder for free?

• 1. Re: How do I add animations to titles using premeire elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you can set up keyframed animations in Premiere Elements, just as you can in Premiere CS4. Just right-click on a clip on your timeline, select Show Properties and open the keyframe workspace, as a show you in my books and in my free PDF article "Basic Keyframing" on Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchphrase=basic+keyframing&btn.x=0&btn.y=0

The PC version of the program includes a number of Chroma Key effects, including Green Screen and Blue Screen. However, the Mac version includes only Videomerge, a semi-automatic Chroma Key tool. Are you on a Mac or a PC?

The Media Encoder is included only with Pro versions of the software, not Elements. However, you can output dozens of formats from Premiere Elements. All you need to do is decide where you ultimately plan to display your video.

• 2. Re: How do I add animations to titles using premeire elements 10
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Steve does a great job of covering Keyframing Effects in his series. In the cases mentioned, the Keyframing is on some of the Fixed Effects, such as Motion>Scale, Motion>Position and Rotation. The operations are the same, as with PrPro, though the initial access to those Effects is slightly different, than in PrPro. In PrE, one would Select one of the Clips in the Timeline, and then from the Effects Tab, choose Edit Effects. In PrPro, one would Select the Clip, and just open the Effects Control Panel (in the default Workspace, it will be nested with the Source Monitor and the Audio Mixer Panel, in a nested Pane, where with PrE, there is that one extra step - Edit Effect. Much of the power of the Effects Control Panel in PrPro will be there in Edit Effects in PrE.

Good luck, and I think that Steve's Keyframing series will get you started. From that point, things will be very, very similar.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful