1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 1, 2012 2:54 PM by Noel Carboni
      • 1. Re: I'm Pretty Sure This Computer Can Handle Photoshop, But not totally sure, Help?
        Noel Carboni Level 7

The CPU is more than powerful enough, and 8 GB will be nice to have, but I'd suggest upgrading to a video card (opposed to using the internal Intel HD Graphics 2000 display interface).  Something like a VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 6670 1GB.

I'd suggest seeing if you can move up to at least Windows 7 Professional from Home Premium for not too much extra.  This page describes the different things included in the different variants:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions

And I also suggest NOT trying to save a few dollars on the monitor and get a good quality one.  Your eyes will thank you for it.  The term "HD" doesn't tell us anything useful about the monitor(s) you're considering.  Perhaps you could be more specific?  I don't know if you're hoping to get it all in one place (instant gratification), but I've had great luck over the years with Dell Ultrasharp monitors.

Good luck.

-Noel