0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2012 10:34 AM by tanuj-flex

How to get selected values (using checkBox) from DataGrid in flex.

tanuj-flex

i have a datagrid which is getting values from a XML file (getting this xml file from database using PHP and HTTP request in flex). i have created a checkbox in every row in data grid. and here is my requirement: i want to select tow or three check-box and would like to get all the values form that particular ROWs in some form , prefered arraycollection (such that i can pass this array directly to a bar chart) .. can some one help me as i am new to flex .

code ......

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="vertical" creationComplete="siteData.send()">

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import mx.collections.XMLListCollection;

import mx.controls.*;

import mx.events.ListEvent;

import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

import mx.controls.Alert;

[Bindable] private var fullXML:XMLList;

private function contentHandler(evt:ResultEvent):void{

fullXML = evt.result.values;

}

]]>

</mx:Script>

<mx:VBox>

<mx:Label text="This Data Grid is loading the full XML file"/>

<mx:DataGrid width="600"  id="datagrid" dataProvider="{fullXML}">

<mx:columns>

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Select">

<mx:itemRenderer>

<mx:Component>

<mx:HBox horizontalAlign="center">

<mx:CheckBox id="check"/>

</mx:HBox>

</mx:Component>

</mx:itemRenderer>

</mx:DataGridColumn>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="release_version" headerText="Release"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="build" headerText="build"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="time_login" headerText="time_login"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="time_tunnel" headerText="time_tunnel"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="rate_login" headerText="time_tunnel"/>

<mx:DataGridColumn dataField="rate_tunnel" headerText="rate_tunnel"/>

</mx:columns>

</mx:DataGrid>

</mx:VBox>

<mx:HTTPService url="http://localhost/php_genxml.php" id="siteData" result="contentHandler(event)" resultFormat="e4x"/>

</mx:Application>

flex.jpg

as you can see in the image , i will get this datgrid . now i want to select two or three checkboxes and would like to get all the values form the perticular row (for which check box is selected). i would like to get in array from such that i can driectly pass them to bar chart....

can some one help me in this. as i m new to flex. or if you have some other suggestion ...My final requirement is: select some values and generate bar gharph for those values.

please help me in this.

thanks

tanuj