25 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2012 7:53 AM by the_wine_snob

Help! I can't create a folder...

maury71 Level 1

Sorry, my english is not very well... so i hope i'll do not many errors!

I have a trouble with my Premiere Elements 7... and i have to ask you some questions about support.... i ask:

1- I have created a project video with Premiere Elements 7. I would like to create a folder on my Hard Disk to master it later. The process start and arrive about at 62% and than appear an error message of "no memory of system for Premiere Elements". I try to disable all services ad startup files, i try to disable antivirus, firewall, screensaver.... but the problem is the same!!! Now, i have a project that i can't master on dvd... how can i do to solve this problem?

I have already master other projects sucessfully... this is the bigger one... I have Windows Vista 64, 4GB Ram memory, NVidia GeForce 8800.

2- The program doesn't recognize my master-dvd hardware.... why?

3- Why Adobe doesn't offer a Tecnichal Italian Support? (Italian Forum, Italian support by email.....)

4- If i contact the support, i'll have to pay?  Italian support by telephone is located in Italy?

Please, answer me in Italian or in simply english language.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Se si sta tentando di creare file DVD sul disco rigido, andare Share / Disc e DVD e quindi selezionare, dal menu di preset discesa, selezionare l'opzione Cartella.

Se il programma non è possibile creare questi file sul disco rigido, è possibile che non avete abbastanza spazio sul disco, l'unità è troppo fortemente frammentato o il vostro progetto Premiere Elements file non è configurato correttamente per il vostro video originale.

If you are trying to create DVD files on your hard drive, go to Share/Disc and select DVD and then, from the preset drop-down menu, select the Folder option.

If the program can not create these files on your hard drive, it may be because you don't have enough room on your drive, your drive is too heavily fragmented or your Premiere Elements project file is not properly set up for your original video.

• 2. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

With Memory, or Resources error messages, this ARTICLE might be helpful, though you have already done many things to free up Memory and Resources. Down that article is a link on Windows Virtual Memory (Page File), so be sure to see that.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
              maury71 Level 1

Ok, Thanks for answer me!

Steve: i have 286GB free space on my Hard Disk (Total 500GB)... I don't know how much space the project needs (how do i see it?). I have tried to de-fragment my drive but there is no necessity (this is the message after analize). What do you say with "project file is not prperly set up for your original video"? How do i test it? Thanks!

Bill: I have printed the article so i'll read it later and tell you if i solve my problem. Thanks!

What about Italian Technical Support?

Thanks!

• 4. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                Ted Smith Level 3

If you are using stills, have you first cropped them and reduced the slide pixels to the same as the project pixels (Eg 720x480 for NTSC DVD) BEFORE you imported them into PE?

I have had similar problems whenm using many slides and effects and croping them in PE.

Even worse when you try transiotions between slides that are too big.

Wirh a large edit with many effects, always keep saving your project as another project in case you make one too big for your computer and have to go back to an earlier version.

You should get a warning "running out of resources" when this is about to happen.

• 5. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...

28 gigabytes of space is probably not enough room for you to run the program and burn DVD files, Maury. I think you're going to need to addd a second hard drive on which to edit your media and project files. Sorry.

Also, here is information on Italian technical support.

http://www.adobe.com/it/support/contact/

• 6. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Maybe it's my tired old eyes, or too much dust on my laptop's monitor, but I read Maury's free space as 286 GB, which would be more than enough.

Though with that said, if correct, the addition of a physical HDD, and splitting their usage, would be a good move. Though one can edit Projects on a single HDD, having a 2x setup WILL be better. Note: that is 2 PHYSICAL HDD's, and not partitions of one phyical HDD into multiple logical HDD's.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...

Sorry. Yes, it's my eyes that are tired. Maury has plenty of space on his drive.

• 8. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

At 8:53AM here, I knew that I had NOT declared "Wine-Thirty" yet... though I DID clean my monitor, just to rule that out.

Hunt

PS - Hope that 2012 is a happy year for you, and that we'll see a few new books!

• 9. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                          maury71 Level 1

Ok...

TED: i haven't understood exactly your informations... i make and save my project and after i tried to make a DVD in PAL, but is the program to make all... i haven't setup nothing... i don't know. Do you think that if i erase some transition and effects, i'll be able to create my folder? If so, i'll try it.

How i can save my project as another?? I haven't understood. Running out of resources??

STEVE: I have a second Hard Disk and i have already try to create a folder in this drive... but the result is the same.... the second Hard Drive is more empty of the first one.

BILL: What do you say with "splitting and usage an additional HDD? What about having 2x setup will be better??

I thank all of you for the help!!! Thanks! I'm sorry to my English language not properly correct... Sorry!

I try to read the articles that you suggest me, and i hope to understand them... it's difficult for me! If you can spend more time to explane me "step by step", i'll be gratefull.

Thanks and Sorry too.

PS Happy Year 2012!!!

• 10. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...

It could be a problem with your project, Maury.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you select?

• 11. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                              nealeh Level 5

Lets try this one step at a time. Although you want to create a DVD, we will first try to Share your project to a format that PRE likes most. After trying this please post back to say if it worked or not.

Use Share> Computer> AVI and select a File Name and Save in location. To get to the AVI option you may need to use the scroll bar at the right to see it.

1.png

Cheers,
                              --
                              Neale
                              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 12. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                maury71 Level 1

My video coming from photo machine in HD (Samsung WB600)... it's not a videocamera.... I have already make video with film from it without troubleshooting.... I think is the project to have some problem too.

Settings: PAL, DV, Audio 48KHz (16 Bit), f foto 25 f/s... i don't know else...

I'l try to erase some effects (transitions)... i tell you when i'll do it.

Thanks

• 13. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...

This is probably at the heart of your problem, Maury. Your video is MJPEG and it is a non-standard frame rate, which does not work well in Premiere Elements.

Which video size are you shooting? That camera shoots 1,280 x 720 HQ(30fps, 15fps), 1,280 x 720(30fps, 15fps), 640 x 480(30fps, 15fps), 320 x 240(60fps, 30fps, 15fps), 320 x 240 Web(30fps Only).

Once we know, we may be able to recommend a convertor that will make your video editable in Premiere Elements.

• 14. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                    maury71 Level 1

Ok, but i have already made project with this type of file and it was all right. This is the biggest one that i have ever made, but not so big to create this problem.

My photo-camera setup is: Dimension 640x480, quality 15fps, smart filter.... perhaps for my project, it was setting different... i don't remember.... the other possible settings of my camera are:1280 HQ (1280x720), 1280 (1280x720), 320 (320x240)... but the last one haven't ever been choose.

I hope understanding what do you ask me....

Thanks!

• 15. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                      maury71 Level 1

Ok, now i have some days to modify my project...

I'd like to know how can i delete all transitions in my project togheter and not one by one... is it possible? I have Premiere Elements 7.

You suppose is my project wrong... so if i erase transitions and some effects, could i master it? Or there is other to erase or modify?

I have read the article that you suggested me... i don't know if i have understood all, but there are two things that i want to ask about it:

1- There is written to "bump up" the priority of premiere elements.... how can i do it?

2- Modify Windows Virtual Memory, page file....what's? I have also a second HDD Drive... how to increase virtual memory for windows vista 64 for the second HDD Drive? I havent' understood it... sorry.

I thanks you for the help

• 16. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Maury,

There is no global "remove all Transitions" function, of which I am aware.

I do not understand your question #1. Can you give us a bit more detail about what you need there?

As for # 2, you can manage your Page File (Virtual Memory) in your version of Windows. The exact location differs by the Windows version, but is most often done from Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance>Advanced>Memory.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 17. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                          maury71 Level 1

Ok, i have tried to erase effects and transitions... the problem is the same! I don't know what can i do to solve it.

In the question 1, i want to ask you what is "bump up the priority of premiere"... i have read it in the article you suggested me... I don't know exactely what does it say.... I think there is a possibility to indicate at the Operating System to give more priority resource of system to premiere.... but i'm not sure.... and i don't know how....

Now i will go to see in control pannel if there is a voice to modify memory... but i have another question: how to modify memory? I don't know. Are there better settings of it that you could suggest me?

An other question: Is there the possibility to divide a project in two parts and master it in two different DVD?

Thanks, and sorry another time for my English!

Help me!

• 18. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                            maury71 Level 1

Ola!

Only for curiosity, i'd like to recive answer to my questions up there so i could learn about it.

But now there is another thing that appened... i try to master my project with "task resource" open to monitoring process and memory and view when project stopped....

So, it has appeared the usual message of error memory... i have click su ok.... and while i was seeing the task manager without close the project, the master of it has pocedeed... and i have master my project! How do it possible????

The first part of the project is visual on DVD TV with black band on right and left.... the second one is visual full screen... there is the possibility to set it all full screen?

Thanks

• 19. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                              Ted Smith Level 3

PE is a video editing program

Your video should be close to the same pixels  as the DVD or file you are making 

The frame rate should be 25 in PAL, 30 in NTSC.

If your video is different to the DVD, PE is trying to convert it AND show all effects at the same time.

This can be too difficult for PE It runs out of memory.

640x480 (4x3) will give you black bars at the sides. If you are making widescreen (16x9) from this, you can zoom in to make the picture larger but this cuts off the bottom and top picture.

• 20. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Maury,

If you are getting black bars around your Video Frame, it means that there is a mis-match between that Source Footage's Frame, and the Frame of your Project. If the black bars are on the side (pillar boxing), then the width of your Source Footage is less than that of your Project's Frame Size. There are a couple of reasons that might cause this. It could be that the pixel x pixel dimensions just do not match, or it could be that they do match, but the Source Footage is using a PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio), that is more narrow, than that of the Project. See this ARTICLE for a discussion on PAR.

If the black bars are on the top and bottom (letter boxed), then the cause will likely be just the opposite - the Source Footage is using a wider pixel PAR, or the pixel x pixel dimensions just do not match.

If PrE is seeing the correct dimensions and the correct PAR, then the choice is to Scale the Source Footage to match the Frame Size of the Project. This will also likely effectively crop some of the pixels off. Note: this is just do to the mis-match of the Frame Sizes, and is NOT the application of the Crop Effect, so do not get confused there.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 21. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                                  maury71 Level 1

Ok, Thanks. I have read all and translate all... i haven't understood it very well because my English is not good.

You say me that the pixel dimensions could be caused the project closed. Now, how do i have to set my camera (source) to make video that PE could be read and visual correctly? It is setting on PAL 25 frame... and the first part have black bars at the sides... the second one no... how do it possible?

It is possible that this problem could be caused to straighten of the frame? I have make some straighten in the first one... but the program, once executed straightening, should not reset everything to a correct measure of pixel for the project?

There is some possibility to modify it and show the project all at the same "wide" vision?

And why, after the error message, the program has continued to master and finish the project?

I thanks all of you for the help! I have many problem to write and translate in English, so i cannot understand many things... sorry

Thanks!

• 22. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

If you applying Rotation, and then Cropping to get straight sides, you have reduced the pixel x pixel dimensions of the Clip. To fill the gaps, you will then want to adjust the Fixed Effect Motion>Scale, to Scale up the dimensions to be the same as the Frame Size of the Project, say 720 x 576 for PAL. Unless you have had to add a great deal of Rotation, and Crop, the Scaling should be minimal, and the quality should be very close to the unaltered Clip's.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 23. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                                      maury71 Level 1

Ok, now i'll go to study in italian language what you say me to better understand speech. You have say me many usefull things and i am gratefull!! Thanks!

I hope not to have too muche stress you!

Thanks very much again!

• 24. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                                        maury71 Level 1

PS I hope to have sign the post like answered in the correct way...

Thanks again!

• 25. Re: Help! I can't create a folder...
                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Maury,

You are most welcome, and answering questions from users, is something that I really enjoy doing. Here, we try our best to help others have a great editing experience - that is all that is important.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt