4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2012 9:07 PM by bkoopers

Missing items on Bridge filter panel

bkoopers

I just took 4 new raw photos and copied them to a folder on my computer. I opened up Bridge and navigated to that folder. I see the 4 image files but the “Filter” panel is missing almost all the items and looks like this:

Bridge filter short list.jpg

If I navigate to another folder, then all the filter items are listed. If I copy a few image file pairs (arw and xrp) from a folder where all the filter items are listed to this folder, then all the filter items are listed and the totals include the original 4 image files. The “Filter” panel then looks like this:

Bridge filter long list.jpg

The above totals are still not correct. The 4 new images were set to a *** rating. The 8 images I copied into the folder also were set to a *** rating. The “Ratings” item lists those 4 images as incorrectly as unrated but the totals for “Orientation” and “ISO Speed Ratings” are correct.

I then created a new folder and copied the 4 pair of arw/xwp files to it. I then navigated to it in Bridge. For a fraction of a second, all the items in the “Filter” panel appeared but then it immediately changed to just “Keywords” and “Camera Raw”.

What do I need to do to restore all the “Filter” items to this folder and to have the totals be correct?

I am using Bridge CS5 v4.0.5.11 and Windows XP Pro SP3.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

• 1. Re: Missing items on Bridge filter panel
          Curt Y Level 7

The Filter shows items that are relavent to the pictures shown in the folder. 

If you think they should be there you can purge the cache.

To purge the central cache and the cache exported to folder you need to click on Tools/cache/purge cache for xxx folder.

Hope that helps solve the problem.

• 2. Re: Missing items on Bridge filter panel
            bkoopers Level 1

Curt Y wrote:

The Filter shows items that are relavent to the pictures shown in the folder. 

If you think they should be there you can purge the cache.

To purge the central cache and the cache exported to folder you need to click on Tools/cache/purge cache for xxx folder.

Hope that helps solve the problem.

I tried that but it did not fix the problem.

• 3. Re: Missing items on Bridge filter panel
              Curt Y Level 7

Just to restate the problem:  when looking at the folder  the keywords and star ratings show, but the filter does not indicate they are there?

In the filter settings you have keywords and star ratings checked?

• 4. Re: Missing items on Bridge filter panel
                bkoopers Level 1

Curt Y wrote:

Just to restate the problem:  when looking at the folder  the keywords and star ratings show, but the filter does not indicate they are there?

In the filter settings you have keywords and star ratings checked?

The images have a *** rating that shows under the images (I added no keywords) but there is no "Ratings" item in the panel to select (unless I add those other images to the folder). In addition, the other items (such as "Orientation" and ISO Speed Ratings") are not in the panel either. That information is part of the image files so it should always appear.

I just opened Bridge again and now there are 4 items in the "Filter" panel (before there was only 2).

Bridge filter short list 4 items.jpg

Here are the "Filter" panel item selections:

Bridge filter selections.jpg

All those items should appear in the "Filter" panel but for the folder with these files, they do not (unless other files are mixed in with them).