1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2008 1:27 PM by Captiv8r

Can a RoboHelp project be used as a template for other projects?

Writerman_in_TO
      I noticed there is the ability to "duplicate a layout". Does that mean I can use my RoboHelp project with all its settings as a template for other projects. I corrupted an existing project by deleting a generated HTML file. I forced an update on one of the chapters in a linked FM book and now for whatever reason in the generated output, the entire book is being re-created within the folder for the chapter in which I deleted the HTML output and forced an output.

Surely I don't have to redefine all the settings again in the FrameMaker Document Settings dialog, and in the WebHelp layout. All enlightenment is much appreciated. Come on baby give it to me one more time! Sorry couldn't resist. It is Friday after all.

Peter
        • 1. Re: Can a RoboHelp project be used as a template for other projects?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi there Writerman_in_TO

You seem to have a multiple segmented question.

I noticed there is the ability to "duplicate a layout". Does that mean I can use my RoboHelp project with all its settings as a template for other projects.

In one way, yes you can. You are able to use Windows Explorer to copy the project folder to a new location. Once you do that, you can open RoboHelp and open the project. Then click File > Rename Project and off you go.

Not sure what to tell you about the Frame > RoboHelp mashup. Not familiar with Frame yet. Hopefully someone more savvy there will pop in and help.

Cheers... Rick