Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH Taking Long Time to Load/Blinking Cursor

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I am not for sure if this issue has been addressed but it is something I have run into multiple times on different versions of RH (currently on version 9). I have opened one of my RH projects and it is taking forever to "load" - I can click on topics, open them, modify, them, etc. however, the cursoir is blinking constantly and the scrollbar in the Project Manager pod is moving up and down periodically, like it is trying to load more topics. There are times when I can actually double-click and open a topic...however, there are times when I do I cannot type three letters because the cursor is jumping around too much and often times going to the first topic in the project manager starting with the letter I typed.

This is a large project but it does not happen all the time. No major changes have been made to the project. The blinking has been going on for well over 15 minutes.

Any help/feedback/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's the project located & are you using any source control?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project is located on my C:/ drive and we check everything in and out of MS Source Safe. I obtained the latest version and proceeded to open the project. Sometimes this problem happens, sometimes it does not…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it in a path like c:\projects\[projectname]\ ? Does it happen for all users or is it confirmed to just one machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the type of path it is falling under. I do not know of it occurring on other machines but that does not mean it has not happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The blink sounds a lot like what happens if the cpd was deleted, then the project opened.  It's normal and can take a long time for large projects - one project here we nearly have to go off for a lunch break.

The project can be set up to delete automatically, however this would result in flickering every time you opened the project.

If it only happens sometimes, then you would either have to be manually deleting the cpd before opening the project, or getting the project to a different folder (because the cpd file is not in source control - or at least shouldn't be...might be worth checking to make sure it isn't in VSS) .

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp