7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 3:37 PM by kglad

Flash link

FlashieNewbie

I got a really easy question for you experts But for a newbie like me its hard. Here is my question and my code:

Im trying to make a whole website on my computer before putting it online. But when i try to link a web page made also in flash or an image(that are on my computer). Flash looks over the internet and not on my relative path (on computer). What do i do wrong ?

box1 is my button and also if i put www.google.com instead of a piucture path, flash can find it but nothing that is on my computer.

Here is the code i used :

box1.onRelease = function(){

getURL("C:\Sitewebportefolio\images","_blank");

}

Oh ps.: i use As2 and flash cs5.5

• 1. Re: Flash link
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

that's not a relative path and it's not a valid file name.  what file are you trying to load and what subdirectory/path is it in relative to your flash published html file?

• 2. Re: Flash link
            FlashieNewbie Level 1

True lol its an absolute path i wrote. Im trying to load a picture or a webpage made in flash (swf) that is located into my computer and when i publish it, its looking for the files over the internet while its on my computer. Do i need to make an html file cause its not recognizing swf files as a web page ?

thx for this fast answer by the way

• 3. Re: Flash link

only if you open your swf in a browser will you run into a security sandbox issue related to the internet but flash won't be checking the internet.  you just need to use the correct (relative) path/file name and test in the flash test environment.

• 4. Re: Flash link
                FlashieNewbie Level 1

could you show me what would be a correct simple way of doing a flash website - I mean the correct way to link the main index page or main page to another secondary page ? Is the script same to link a folder kwith pictures when you work on your computer before putting it unto a server on the internet? This is what i did before :

box1.onRelease = function(){

getURL("C:\Sitewebportefolio\images","_blank");

}

but it seems to look elsewhere i put it....The best thing would be a video on how to start this or a good tutorial you might have. By the way thx for answering me so fast

• 5. Re: Flash link

if your flash-published html and swf are in Sitewebportefolio and you want to open an image named pic1.jpg in the images subdirectory, use:

getURL("images/pic1.jpg","_blank");  // this is a relative path.  the image will open in your web-browser.

• 6. Re: Flash link
                    FlashieNewbie Level 1

i think were really close to the answer, but there must be something i dont understand.... i tried with web page and with pictures, i still get same message from chrome browser. Here is the last code i tried instead of on(release):

on(press)

{

getURL("images/ecole.jpg","_blank");

}

heres what i get from browser on the test :

adress bar followed by message wich means little issue...google chrome wasnt able to find the page called images:

http://images/ecole.jpg

Petit problème... Google Chrome n'est pas parvenu à trouver la page images.

• 7. Re: Flash link

what's your url and what needs to be done to see the problem?