4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 1:39 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Color Profiles

nicolespaller Level 1

I'm totally lost right now. I installed CS5 tonight, I was using CS4.  All installed, good to go, and now I've uploaded pics and.....they look awful. They are uploading with horrible color, majorly desaturated.

I've saved in JPEG, in PNG, and I've checked the "SAVE AS SRGB profile" when saving. Nothing works. I've gone into "Edit, Convert to Profile" and converted to SRGB and again - nothing. I can't figure this out and I am getting so frustrated tonight.

All I have done to the image is pull the RAW file, edit the photo a bit, and then saved.  I have pulled a few old photos that I processed and saved in CS4 perfectly, but had awful results tonight in CS5. I don't understand why it's not saving or when I've selected it.

This is a link to a snapshot I was just trying to post tonight on Facebook -- and then realized how it's missing most of it's color!

http://i42.tinypic.com/1q06xh.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions?! I would be super grateful -- this is driving me insane!!!

• 1. Re: Color Profiles
          Curt Y Level 7

In Edit/color settings mine is set to sRGBIEC61966-2.1 and prefer embedded profiles.

• 2. Re: Color Profiles
            Noel Carboni Level 8

You say you're opening your images through Camera Raw...  Check the color profile you've selected to convert into, it might still be the default Adobe RGB, which if viewed without color-management will usually look desaturated.

You might find it helpful to set Camera Raw to convert directly to sRGB...

CameraRawsRGBColorSpace.jpg

-Noel

• 3. Re: Color Profiles
              D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This makes no sense as described, except if they are indeed Adobe RGB (as Noel suggests). But you say sRGB. Some information is missing.

Where is it desaturated, exactly? In Photoshop, or the web browser, or both? What browser?

How are these files opened and processed, exactly? Are they jpegs, or a raw format from the camera? Are they opened through Camera Raw (ACR)? How are they saved? Are you by chance using Save For Web?

One pitfall I can think of concerns jpegs processed through ACR. Those edits are stored in metadata that are not recognized elsewhere, until the file is actually saved. If you just click "Done" and close the file the edits are recognized in Bridge and ACR, but nowhere else. You need to either click "Save", or open the file into Photoshop and save it there.

• 4. Re: Color Profiles
                c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

How To Get Help Quickly!

And the snapshot has little significance if you don’t provide the »as should be«-version, too.

What are your Color Settings (instead of typing them up please post a screenshot on this Forum with the Insert Image-button/camera-icon)?

cameraIconInsertImage.jpg