1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 12:21 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Authentication Error

Cocobongo100

I purchased a book from an online store and installed their e-reader,at the same time I

registered with adobe. When I launch the e-reader it authenticates with the online store

but it will not authenticate with adobe.

Does any one have an idea where I could be going wrong.

• 1. Re: Authentication Error
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Could be more than one issue here, but the most common is getting things

out of sync.  I will assume that you've already checked Adobe's list of

supported devices and your ereader is on the list.  If it is not, then ADE

won't support it in the first place.  The list is found via ADE HELP (F1

key).

There's a sequence to follow to get ADE and the ereader talking to each

other.  First, you have to attach your ereader to your computer (I assume

you're using a Windows PC).  When the PC is done, the ereader should show

up as an attached device - probably an external hard drive.  At this point,

you can start ADE.  If your user ID's from the ereader and ADE are

recognized, ADE will show the ereader in the bookshelf pane (left hand

panel) of its Library view.  You're set to go at this point.

Next most common is that the ereader's user ID is not recognized by Adobe.

You can go through the above sequence, and then if ADE doesn't show the

ereader, use the Authenticate feature in ADE and see if you can get ADE to

recognize the device.  Instructions are found via ADE HELP (F1 key).

Hope this helps!

=============