Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behaviour with imported Word files

Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting a new RH project using source docs that were done in Word.

I saved them as plain text and then copied them into my RH topics, and made a lot of edits.

Then I realized that some times when I am editing a topic, a bunch of the text below just disappears. Then if I hit Enter at the end of the last visible text, the "hidden" text reappears.

I switched to HTML view to see if anything stuck out, and when I went back to Design view, the entire content was gone ! Then I hit Enter, and it all came back.

Anyone know what is causing this ?

Is the only way to cleanly get Word files into RH to Import them ? When you do that it creates a bunch of files which I don't like.

I'd rather not start over from scratch with the source files.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of RH are you using? I remember issues with one of them that occurred when flipping back & forth to Design/HTML View...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is now ... will see if it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing without the 902 patch was a nightmare. The patch fixed the issues. See the importing page on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sarasota,

Have you used Multilevel list in the content and is the disappearing happening around that content?

It seems to be refresh issue and there should be no content loss because of it.

Ashish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp