2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2012 4:40 PM by Philip Bitar

Bradley Hand ITC print problem

Philip Bitar

Adobe Reader X (10.1.1), Windows XP, PDF file created by Framemaker 7.2

A PDF file that used to print fine no longer prints fine with the above version of Adobe Reader. The original Framemaker file prints fine in Framemaker.

I reinstalled Adobe Reader to eliminate the possiblity of installation errors.

The problem is with font Bradley Hand ITC.

With angle regular and weight bold, it prints fine.

With weight regular, angle obliqued is ignored in printing, but I'm not using this configuration.

My original file has angle obliqued with weight bold. When this now prints, angle obliqued with weight bold is printed, as I want, but angle regular with weight regular is also printed in the same place.

If I can revert to an earlier version of Adobe Reader, I can solve the problem for my owning printing needs. Is there some way to do this?

Just the same, this won't solve the problem for website visitors printing the file from my website.

How long will it take Adobe to fix such a problem?

If I purchased a new version of Framemaker (which I don't want to do), would this solve the problem?

If I purchased a new version of Acrobat (which I don't want to do), would this solve the problem?