2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 2:53 AM by WillTaff

Sign Document and Place Signature

WillTaff Level 1

Hello World,

Maybe, my question was already asked, i have not find any topic regarding this.

In Acrobat X Standard Edition, release 10.1.1, in the Tools Menu, then Sign and Certify, there are 2 options "Sign Document" and "Place Signature"

When i use the both options, the same window appears "Sign Document"

I don't see the difference between these 2 options.

Could you please help me to switch on something in my brain ?

Kindly Regards,

Will

• 1. Re: Sign Document and Place Signature
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You would see a difference if the document has existing digital signature fields. If there is only one unsigned signature field, it won't prompt you to add a new one and go straight to the Sign Document dialog. If there are more than one unsigned signature fields, it will ask you which one you want to sign. When you select "Place Signature", it will prompt you to place a new signature field, ignoring any existing fields.

If there are no existing signature fields, the two options will behave the same.

• 2. Re: Sign Document and Place Signature
            WillTaff Level 1

dear Sir,

Thanks you for your support.

Your mail is very helpful.

To:     WillTaff <wtaffet@technip.com>,

Date:   05/01/2012 17:16

Subject:        Sign Document and Place

Signature

Re: Sign Document and Place Signature

created by George Johnson in Security & Digital Signatures - View the full

discussion

You would see a difference if the document has existing digital signature

fields. If there is only one unsigned signature field, it won't prompt you

to add a new one and go straight to the Sign Document dialog. If there are

more than one unsigned signature fields, it will ask you which one you

want to sign. When you select "Place Signature", it will prompt you to

place a new signature field, ignoring any existing fields.

If there are no existing signature fields, the two options will behave the

same.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not

directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either

reply to this email or visit the message page: [

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4120144#4120144]

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at [

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4120144#4120144]. In the Actions box on

the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Security & Digital Signatures by email or at

Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications

please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

This email and any attached files ("Message") may contain confidential and/or privileged information. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you receive this Message in error, inform the sender by reply email, delete the Message and destroy any printed copy.

Any unauthorized use, distribution, or copying of this Message or any part thereof is prohibited. Emails are susceptible to alteration. Neither Technip nor any of its affiliates shall be liable for the Message if altered or falsified nor shall they be liable for any damage caused by any virus that might be transmitted with this Message.