3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2012 9:10 PM by NewsChannel10

All the stuff Premiere places in the My Documents folder...

NewsChannel10

I work at a TV station, we have several edit bays setup running Premiere Pro 5.0. All workstations are using the same domain login "Editor". The "My Documents" folder is redirected to a network share...

All pretty standard stuff in many corporate settings, right?

Is there any way to move the location of all the files Premiere Pro dumps into the My Documents folder? Specifically, the file "%MyDocs%\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.0\AMERequestDB" has a nasy habit of causing trouble. (Premiere won't open any previous projects, Media Encoder freezes, and won't process anything {thus unable to queue multple encodes}) If there is a way to tell Premiere Pro to store this file in a different location, it would be the simplest solution, I think...

• 1. Re: All the stuff Premiere places in the My Documents folder...
          Stephen_Spider Level 3

search "Scratch Discs".

The my documents folder and network locations are not recommended. Best to save your material on a dedicated Video Drive.

• 2. Re: All the stuff Premiere places in the My Documents folder...
            Jim_Simon Level 8

I'd agree with Steven.  Moving My Documents from the local C: drive can often cause issues with different programs.

Best to leave it right where Windows puts it.  You can always add a network location to the Documents Library.

• 3. Re: All the stuff Premiere places in the My Documents folder...
              NewsChannel10 Level 1

Sorry, maybe I wasn't very clear... The scratch disks, and all media cache files etc are on their own dedicated video drive, and all exports and video sources come from and go to a nice wide RAID array... Even with all of those things though, Premiere still stores a few things in the My Documents folder. The Network IS where windows puts the My Documents folder, via a GPO Policy (which I do control,  yes.. but changing a policy that covers another 200 systems, just for the benefit of the 10 editing systems honestly isn't worth the hassle.) I just wondered if there was any way to tell adobe not to put those few files into my documents.

Adobe oddly has always had a pretty poor track record with any kind of enterprise support, though Have you ever tried running Photoshop CS5 as a regular user? Much less as a regular user on a system that haas more than one user? Not a pretty sight, Photoshop decides it is no longer licensed as soon as a different user logs in and opens photoshop...).. So I won't be terribly surprised if there isn't any way to do this. (I already have another workaround, but it is just that.. a workaround...)