1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2012 9:03 AM by swfisgood

Is Flash Builder dead? I just found out that adobe has dropped Flash on mobile devices

BuzzParker

I did alot of research on software to develop apps for the mobile market. I liked Flash Builder since it will create apps for all 3 types of mobile devices at once. Downloaded the 30 day trial and have started on the 5 day training course.

Today I saw an article from sitepoint that abobe has dropped development and support for Flash on mobile devices.

The end result of Flash Builder gives you a .swf file in an html wrapper thus we are developing flash when adobe has dropped Flash for mobile. Am I wasting my time? Should I go to another software package?

http://www.sitepoint.com/adobe-abandons-mobile-flash/

Adobe Abandons Flash on Mobile Devices

HELP

• 1. Re: Is Flash Builder dead? I just found out that adobe has dropped Flash on mobile devices
          swfisgood Level 1

the plugin for mobile browsers is the only thing they will not update in the future. The normal desktop browser plugin is very alive

Everything else is active... they are still continuing to work on exporting to Android,iOS, and rim playbook via AIRapps in both flash builder and flash pro.

The only difference going forward is mobile websites viewing flash (apps are unchanged). Basically... apple won

Not a big deal so far, but everywhere you look people are frantic and asking -whats next?

I like air for ios and android. Im sticking with it