2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2012 1:56 AM by andersonOllie

Help - Flash Menu in Articulate RollOver Problem

andersonOllie Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a working interactive menu in AS2, the menu is 9 circle buttons around a hub, each button grows as you hover over it, everything works as it should.

Once i sent it to a colleague to place in an Articulate package (which they have done many times before) this is the issue they faced -

The menu is supposed to act as normal, but they place a link to another 'slide' underneath my menu (as the links navigate the 'slides' within the package), what normally happens is you can click on the menu buttons and the underneath LINK will work.

This is not the case.

My menu works as it should though, but will not allow the activation of the LINK below.

I presume it is something in my code, or the way i have built the menu that isn't allowing my menu to act as a 'ghost' to the LINK menu beneath it.

Here is my code for each of the circle buttons -

stop();

this.onEnterFrame = function(){

if(rewind == true){  

prevFrame();       

}

}

this.onRollOver = function(){

rewind = false;

play();   

}

this.onRollOut = function(){

rewind = true;   

}

I have been a plonker and removed the final line of code (and lost it in the clipboard when my machine crashed), but it was only a OnRelease function where you would place an external link for the button, which is what i wanted to remove anyway as it didnt work with this either.

I'm happy to send my menu if anyone wants to investigate it all themselves.

Thanks!

Ollie