2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 9:21 AM by ryanwa1977

How can I add a Layer to been shown throughout all Layer comps?

ryanwa1977

I know i am not the only one that has ever ran into this problem, but i can not find anything on the net that gives a solution to this issue. I am trying to add a layer that will be reflected through out all of the layer comps I have created. As of now I can not add a layer to the overall design and it show on all layer comps. For example i am trying to add something to my header and it has nothing to do with the layer comps, but needs to be seen on all layer comps. I think this is why i did not use the layer comp feature before. This is very Frustrating, especially if you are say 20 layer comps in, because you will possible have to recreate the file. I hope i am missing something and this is really easy to do.

Thanks

Ryan Wagner

• 1. Re: How can I add a Layer to been shown throughout all Layer comps?
          miss_marple Level 3

Choose your first layercomp, click in the layer panel on the visibility eye of your new layer

and then click on the small update button in the layercomp panel - the two curved arrows.

This way you will have to edit each layercomp.

miss_marple

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How can I add a Layer to been shown throughout all Layer comps?
            ryanwa1977 Level 1

Ok thanks. After posting this I think i may have found the solution. This may be helpful for anyone in the future. When i added the new layer and applied to the first layer comp it was added correctly. Once i clicked the other layer comps the layer was not visible anymore. The layer that i added was showing the eye icon like it was visible, but i actually had to open that group up and activate the eye icon to see the layer and then update. I feel that this is a flaw in photoshop. I think that if you have a group and all of the layers are hidden in that group way should the group eye icon be active? Weird. Thanks for helping me on this issue. Have a good day.

Ryan