4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2012 6:24 AM by mcneesejd

Import with iPhoto and ITunes

mcneesejd

I am quite disappointed in Premier Elements. I do not know if I am having problems outside the norm or not. I have a 2010 Macbook Pro 13" 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8gb Ram running on Lion. I tried to use the import from Iphoto from the organizer screen and it wants to import my entire library. I do not want to import 17,000 items. I want to import the videos/pictures I want. I do have the iphoto library on an external drive but that shouldn't matter. So I have to go into Iphoto and export what I want onto the desktop then into Premier Elements then delete it from the desktop (keep my computer with minimal amount on internal hard drive). Also you cannot import from Itunes????!!!!!???? So I have to burn a disc and import music from there. I guess its a piracy deal but thats no different than Imovie or FCP X using it. Anyone else with these issues???? I know the program is $60 compared to $300 for FCP but the time spent to import with Premier Elements (unless I am missing something) is insane. Not user friendly.