8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 2:16 PM by kingdomofsolomon

High Temp when Exporting please Help

kingdomofsolomon Level 1

Hello every one,

I am editing a Normal  DV videos  recorded with Sony HVR-Z1E and its only 1 layer with a Title Layer and thats all, I exported it to mpg 2 file, however when I export it shows my CPU temp its about 96% of CPU I dont know why please any advice.

Please have look at the print screen to see whats is happening

My system is:

Asus Rampage Extreme iii

CPU i7 980X Extreme

Ram 24GB DD3

GTX 480 1.5GB

SSD 60GB OS only

1TB HDD drive for archive

1TB HDD drive for footage

Corsair H80 Hydro Series H80 Liquid CPU Cooler

Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Case

Some people told me that if I get the 580 GTX with 3GB its will help in editing rendring and so on?

Looking forward for the help and advice.....

Thank you kindly and for the help in advance.

Very-High.jpg

• 1. Re: High Temp when Exporting please Help
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What brand/model thermal paste did you use when mouting the cooler to the CPU... and are you 100% sure that you have a good mating between the two surfaces?

• 2. Re: High Temp when Exporting please Help
            Harm Millaard Level 7

You are confusing temperatures and load. Your CPU temps go up to 60 degrees, which can be an indication that you are using a stock CPU cooler and/or are using a mid tower with this kind of material. Whatever it is, you can improve your cooling by using either a larger case or getting a better CPU cooler or adding more fans to improve the airflow, possibly even all three of these suggestions. A good cleaning of your fans and vacuum cleaning of your case can also help reducing the temps.

Your CPU load is up to 96% which is a good sign. That is what you want. No sense in having 6 cores and having one or more doing their work at a very leisurely pace. You want them to work as fast as they can, like slave labour, not having a tea break in between.

A 3 GB 580 is a waste of money with your material, even with 1920 x 1080 material. 3 GB is only useful when editing 4K or 5K material or even larger stills.

• 3. Re: High Temp when Exporting please Help
              JEShort01 Level 4

Your CPU reaching 60 degrees C is just fine for that kind of load on your 6-core. (my 6-core is overclocked and has gone over 70 degrees)

Your GPU is reaching 76 degrees C, which could be considered a bit warm, but I don't think it is a problem (my 480 is overclocked with a pretty good cooler and goes a bit over 50 deg. C when loaded)

Jim

• 4. Re: High Temp when Exporting please Help
                kingdomofsolomon Level 1

Thank you very much for the advice, I have the case very clean there is no dust at all in the fan or case, however whats is the best CPU cooler that you think its the best for very good cooling temp. I have about 4 large fan in the case also this is the biiiig case i dont know if there is bigger one.

The tharmal is just normal tharmal past I bought it from ebay I dont know if thats really effect the cooling, if it dose then I will look for the best one to add or please advice me in which is the best.

I have not overclocked this CPU its just the standerd speed.

• 5. Re: High Temp when Exporting please Help
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Sorry, I did not notice you already have the H80 water cooling unit installed. Nothing to worry about the temps of the CPU. You may want to add a 20+ cm diameter side fan to further cool your GPU, but in essence there is nothing wrong with your system. It is only when CPU temps go over 85 degrees under full load that you need to consider extra cooling.

Going from DV to MPEG2-DVD only uses the CPU and the videocard is not used. There is no scaling involved, so the video card is taking a break. Even 3 GB video card would not help at all.

• 6. Re: High Temp when Exporting please Help
                    kingdomofsolomon Level 1

I have this Corsair H80 Hydro Series H80 Liquid CPU Cooler and I have done push-pull configuration and I have about 20cm fan on top and on the side.

What you think of geting Corsair Hydro Series H100 or shall I get Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator better, to get every thing runs smoth and cold.

Thanks alot

• 7. Re: High Temp when Exporting please Help
                      Harm Millaard Level 7

Maybe, and I sincerely hope so, you are reading too much in the info screens you posted. I repeat, from the info you posted, things looks quite OK, no high temperatures, good CPU load, nobody is taking a break when they shouldn't. But you can try the PPBM5 Benchmark to see if everything is really OK.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: High Temp when Exporting please Help
                        kingdomofsolomon Level 1

Thank you very much for the advice