0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2012 9:00 PM by TommyReady

Issues with Flash Builder 4.6 and RDS from CF Server

TommyReady

For starters I can't for the life of me figure out how to connect my Flash Builder 4.6 with my CF server that is NOT local but hosted elsewhere and I have RDS setup and works perfect.  I only see in Flash Builder where to set a local CF server.  Anyway, to get around that problem I use

<s:RemoteObject id="myService" endpoint="http://dev.myURL.com/flex2gateway/" destination="ColdFusion" source="data">

<s:method name="fetchData" result="handleResults(event)" />

</s:RemoteObject>

This code above lets me connect with no problem and I used trace(event) to see the results of my cfc method in the console.

Anyway, the problem I am having now is that I want to take the results of my cfc method into a datagrid.  Here is the code below I am using.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:WindowedApplication xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

protected function button1_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void

{

myService.fetchData();

}

protected function handleResults(event:ResultEvent):void

{

trace(event.result);

}

]]>

</fx:Script>

<fx:Declarations>

<!-- Place non-visual elements (e.g., services, value objects) here -->

<s:RemoteObject id="myService" endpoint="http://dev.myURL.com/flex2gateway/" destination="ColdFusion" source="data">

<s:method name="fetchData" result="handleResults(event)" />

</s:RemoteObject>

</fx:Declarations>

<s:Button id="test" x="56" y="42" label="Test" click="button1_clickHandler(event)"/>

<s:DataGrid id="adminList" x="56" y="175" width="766" requestedRowCount="4">

<s:columns>

<s:ArrayList>

<s:GridColumn headerText="Admin ID" dataField="admin_id"></s:GridColumn>

<s:GridColumn headerText="Last Name" dataField="last_name"></s:GridColumn>

<s:GridColumn headerText="First Name" dataField="first_name"></s:GridColumn>

<s:GridColumn headerText="Department" dataField="department_name"></s:GridColumn>

<s:GridColumn headerText="Status" dataField="active"></s:GridColumn>

</s:ArrayList>

</s:columns>

</s:DataGrid>

</s:WindowedApplication>

What am I doing wrong?  Can anyone help?  Thanks!!!