1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2012 8:14 PM by John Hawkinson

Trying to open 5.5 document in 5.

LizMikey

Hi I am trying to open 5.5 documents in version 5.  It says something about a missing plug-in, so I updated my 5 and it still says missing plug-in.  Please fix this to where I can open files from each computer without having to save them in some other format.  That's pretty inconvenient, especially considering the software was purchased within 6 months of each other!

• 1. Re: Trying to open 5.5 document in 5.
          John Hawkinson Level 5

Hi I am trying to open 5.5 documents in version 5.  It says something about a missing plug-in, so I updated my 5 and it still says missing plug-in.  Please fix this to where I can open files from each computer without having to save them in some other format.

Unfortunately, that is just the way it is. (There are several lengthy threads where many people complain very very loudly about this problem; let's not turn this into another one, it's just not productive).

You should not really use a workflow that depends on being able to open CS5.5 documents in CS5.

That said, you can export IDML files from CS5.5 and open them in CS5. Still, it's possible for things to change, especially, of course,

if you use CS5.5-specific features.

Sorry!