2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2012 7:58 PM by Rick Gerard

Text wrap during animation

jscwgln

Hi!

Is there a way to include text wrap when animating the resizing of a text?  

I want to animate from a large Helvetica font to a small Times font. The text bounding box will not be resized. Now, I don't want the text just to resize but I want the words to switch the line if neccessary.

Another questing that goes along with this: I tried to solve the font animation with animating the source text. What happens is that it just switches from one font to the other. Is there a way to get a fluent animation between fonts?

Thanks a lot!

(I'm using CS4 by the way.)

• 1. Re: Text wrap during animation
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

No, no and no. It's just how it is. If you must blend between 2 different typefaces, use 2 layers and use text animators on each on them to revela the words. Anything from simple linear wipes to random character appearance. And if I may be so bold: for the life of it stay away from animating line wrap and resizing the text at the same time. This is just gonna look ugly and cause a lot of flickering and frankly it's an typography nightmare...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Text wrap during animation
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Animating source text produces a single frame jump in the source text. No way around that.

The font isn't going to work either. Everything switches with each keyframe. Take a close look at the keyframes. They are square boxes. Square boxes in the timeline are Hold Keyframes. That means they hold the value until the next keyframe.

Screen Shot 2012-01-08 at 7.57.03 PM.png

Try Mulenium's suggestions. They'll work for you just fine. If it's really critical to your design to morph from one shape to another you're going to be in to a lot of work and a 3rd party plug-in like RE:Vision FX Reflex tools.