5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2012 7:04 AM by Barbara B. RSS

How do I combine two or more pictures into one?

ArtJP Community Member

How do I combine two or more pictures into one?

• 1. Re: How do I combine two or more pictures into one?
          hatstead Community Member

Do you want to  place 2 pictures (in their entirety), side by side, or one on top of the other, or do you want to place a subject from one picture on to another picture?

• 2. Re: How do I combine two or more pictures into one?
            ArtJP Community Member

I want to place two or more pictures next to each other so I can print more than one on a page.

• 3. Re: How do I combine two or more pictures into one?
              hatstead Community Member

Open both pictures in editor

Go to File> print. Under #4 select picture package

This will take you to the organizer's picture package dialog, where you can refine the layout

• 4. Re: How do I combine two or more pictures into one?
                ArtJP Community Member

I found out how to do what I wanted and I'm giving my steps in hopes that it might help someone else.  I wanted to put several photos from a file onto a new blank image.  This is what I did.

1.  Create a blank page.    File/New/ Blank File.   Put in the size.  I used 8x10.

2.  Bring the photo  you want to use into Elements as you always do. It will list along the top next to the blank sheet.

3.  Choose SELECT (top of screen)/ Select All.

4.  Choose Edit/Copy   or Command "C"

5.  Click on the Blank File.   Chose Edit/Paste  or Command "V"

6.  Click on Image/ Transform or Command "T".  There should be a dotted line around your pasted image.  You can then move and adjust the image to how you want it.  When finished, press the check-mark on lower right of photo.

7.   Repeat this with all the photos you want on the new blank file.

8.  You will see on lower right of Elements,  the background layer and as many layers as you have photos.  These layers need to be permanently placed on the background layer. Go to Layers and press Merge Visible.  This will merge all layers to the background.

9.  Save as and you are done.

• 5. Re: How do I combine two or more pictures into one?
                  Barbara B. CommunityMVP

For Step 6, you can just click the Move tool to do the same thing. As for merging or flattening layers, if this is something you often want to do, just keep the layered copy and then you can just swap out the images for the ones you want this time. Also, if you save as a JPEG, that makes an un-layered copy automatically.