3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2012 2:00 AM by Mollysnoot

No Adjustment Brush Tool in Camera Raw 5.2

gavlw71

Hi, I'm new here. After watching a Gavin Hoey tutorial on HDR editing, I decided to give it a try. My pc came with PSE 7.0 pre-installed (it's version 7.0.1 and the camera raw is version 5.2.0.65) When I drag a RAW image into the edit window of PSE, it opens in a camera raw 5.2 window. On the Hoey tutorial, the window has an adjustment brush in the top toolbar, but on mine, there is no such tool. Is this normal, or can I download an update to fix this? I'm guessing PSE is a "diluted" version of PSand that's why the adjustment brush is missing.

• 1. Re: No Adjustment Brush Tool in Camera Raw 5.2
          Level 4

The tutorial was undoubtedly using Camera Raw hosted by the full version of Photoshop.

Camera Raw in Photoshop Elements is emasculated by design, even though the Camera Raw plug-in is exactly the same one used by the full version of Photoshop.  There's only a limited subset of the features and tabs offered by Camera Raw when hosted by Elements.

I don't remember at what stage the Adjustment Tool was added, so you should try updating Camera Raw at least to version 5.7, or higher if your version of Elements supports a higher version.

In my opinion, Photoshop Elements is overpriced by about $80.

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了     

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No Adjustment Brush Tool in Camera Raw 5.2
            gavlw71 Level 1

Many thanks for the reply Tai Lao, I'll try updating to CR 5.7 and let you know how I get on.

• 3. Re: No Adjustment Brush Tool in Camera Raw 5.2
              Mollysnoot Level 3

You still won't get the adjustment brush though, even with 5.7. That's one of the many features not available in the cut-down version of Camera Raw that ships with Elements.

M