Use a program like winzip to open the zip file.
PDF and Zip are not the same. Reader can only open PDF files.
Windows 7 should be able to handle Zip files without any additional software. Try right-clicking it select Extract All.
Permissions settings are as follows:
- 0: User is warned that the file may be unsafe and is given two choices: open or permanently set the behavior to Prohibited.
- 1: User is warned that the file may be unsafe and is given three choices: open or permanently set the behavior to Allowed or Prohibited.
- 2: Always open this file type.
- 3: This file type does not open and a warning message appears.
- Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\<product name>\<version>\FeatureLockDown\cDefaultLaunchAttachmentPerms.
- Double click the tBuiltInPermList value.
Change the zip:3 value to zip:2. close the regedit and reopen the acrobat file. you can open the zip file inside it.