0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2012 11:54 AM by robwm1

Cannot install reader updates to get to 10.1.1

robwm1 Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to update Adobe Reader from 10.0.1 to 10.1.1 to all enterprise clients. I am able to install the Adobe Reader X redistributable and AdbeRdrUpd1001_Tier1.msp. When I try to install AdbeRdrUpd1010_MUI.msp or AdbeRdrUpd1011_MUI.msp, I get the following message. I have tried restarting between patches as well.

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

I have seen this before when I try to use a patch that doesn't support the installed version of Adobe Reader. For Adobe Reader X, there are only 3 updates available to get to 10.1.1.

• 10.0.1 - AdbeRdrUpd1001_Tier1.msp
      • 10.1.0 - AdbeRdrUpd1010_MUI.msp
      • 10.1.1 - AdbeRdrUpd1011_MUI.msp

I downloaded all of the patches from: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows under Updates/Programs which is where I have downloaded all of the updates for years without any issues. I have also tried downloading these files multiple times just in case they were corrupted during the download.

Is there something wrong with the updates posted at Adobe for public download or am I overlooking something?

Thanks,

Rob