13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 12:23 AM by Studio North Films

Playing in the Capture window.

IngZimmerman

Hi All

Using Premier CS 5.5.2

With HDV Camera Sony.

I understand that we canot see the preview while capturing in HDV.

But, is sit normal that when I just click on the play button, that I don't see it either???

I can capture it without seeing it. But I can't even see it when I just try to play it...

Tks

Bat

• 1. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Hi Bat,

When set up to capture HDV, you should see a preview in the window, UNTIL you hit the record button. Have you tried recording an actual clip? Was it successful?

If you have deck control but no image, it is possible the camera playback is downconverting HDV to DV, as all HDV cameras are capable of.

Please check the menu in camera and make sure that VCR is set to HDV, and i.Link Convert (or similar) is OFF.

Turn off camera and unplug 1394 cable, close Premiere. Reconnect camera and power on, wait for PC to beep or acknowledge connection with pop up. An HDV camera should register as an "AVC subunit" or something like that, and NOT a DV device. Once cam is connected, then launch Premiere.

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
            IngZimmerman Level 1

Thanks for your help Jeff.

I have a Sony HVR Z7U camera wich is HDV.

I have tried what you are saying to no avail.

Camera is NOT donwconverting.

I can Capture but before I do the capturing I would like to be able to preview for the purpose of putting some

set point for starting and ending Batch Capture and this does not work cause when I play I see nothing.

The VCR is Set to HDV and iLink Convert is OFF.

Tried the procdedure you mentionned in your fourth paragraph and still nothing.

I have talked with Adobe four about 3 hours on this subject. Their final appraisal or what they asked me to do

is to verify and or uninstall and reinstalle the software dreiver of my graphic card Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

not to update but to uninstall and reinstalle and/or to check with Sony to see if my camera is compatible.

I checked on the Internet with nvidia my driver is up to date.

I am standing by for a call back to Sony.

Any of you guys are working with adobe Premiere CS5.5 and using Sony HVR X7U Camera??? YHour help will be appreciated.

Cause it seems for the time being that Adobe is giving the ball to Nvidia who is giving the ball to Sony who is giving the ball to Adobe who........

Thanks again Jeff.

Bat

• 3. Re: Playing in the Capture window.

Hi Bat,

I don't remember the exact steps, but go into Control Panel and find the 1394 drivers and there is a drop down with 2 or 3 driver options,
              try LEGACY. If that does not help, you can always switch it back to what it was originally, no harm.

I have the Sony FX7 camera, but really all Sony HDV cameras ought to behave the same

Jeff

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
                IngZimmerman Level 1

Hi Jeff Tks Again.

I am checking for the IEEE 1394 but I don't see any drop Down for Driver Options.

I have checked in the Genra, Driver, Details and Ressources Tab. Can not find any Legacy option or somthing close to it.

I am on Window 7 SP1.

When I ck for Updates it tells me my drivers are up to date.

Been working on this for almost a week.

Tks again.

Bat

• 5. Re: Playing in the Capture window.

Hi Bat,

I just went to the WIndows 7 machine and checked the 1394 thing.

Go to -

Device Manager > IEEE 1394 > Driver > Update Driver > Browse My Computer > Let me pick from List > Legacy

Try this and if it doesn't help, you can just change it back to where it was then

If you already have good device control, then this is probably not the issue at all

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 6. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is a fix if there is no preview in 5.5.

Close Premiere Pro.

Copy the mc_dec_mp2v.dll file from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\Plibs and paste it in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5

RebootPremiere Pro.

• 7. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
                      IngZimmerman Level 1

I have tried your suggestion went to LEGACY and I have the same problem.

I was taling with the Sony guys and they assure me that if the camera can capture video and it is of the appropirate type

ie: HD proper resolution etc then it is NOT a camera problem.

Which is the case I can capture but not preview before I captre so I have to monitor on the LCD of the Camera.

So I am going back to Adobe.

Tks again for your help. I had a look at your site I see you are in Computer Business down south.

Tks

Bat

• 8. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
                        IngZimmerman Level 1

@Ann

Tks Ann I have tried that while I was with Adobe support it did not work then.

I tried it again now and I still have the same problem. When you said Reboot Premiere Pro did you mean just to relaunch Premiere or reboot the system.

I am going to reboot the system and try but it did not worked just by relaucching Premiere.

Tks Again.

I am confident We will find a solution.

Bat

• 9. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
                          IngZimmerman Level 1

Hi All

Can anyone confirm here that they CAN Preview Video on Adobe Premier CS5.5 NOT while capturing but just by pushing the play button in HD mode?

Cause I have some guys at Adobe Thecnical Support in India telling me that is impossible.

And if any of you can than I should also and if so I will escalate my case to higher echelon.

Tks.

Bat

• 10. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
                            Studio North Films Level 3

I  am having same issue, no preview while trying to play, i cannot even record.

I have also opened a thread.

hope we get an answer soon.

Good Luck

Baz

• 11. Re: Playing in the Capture window.

Hi,

I found a solution for my simailar issue, its seems to be with the nvidia gpu drivers. I  have just donloaded the current beta driver and it has solved my issues.

Check your drivers are upto date, or try the latest Beta driver from Nvidia.

Baz

• 12. Re: Playing in the Capture window.
                                IngZimmerman Level 1

THANK YOU  very much Baz.

I have been on the phone with Adobe for at least 10 hours on this subject and I am not kidding.

And they are telling me, that this is not possible, of course they are from India.(Hint cheap Adobe ressources.)

But any how, I have tried your update suggestions and it worked right off the bat even without rebooting.

Now I will call Adobe India, and ask them how mush are they willing to pay ME, to give the the answer.

If I do get anything out of this, you will be in.    ;-)

Long live, to this great community of people, helping people, cause if you rely on SELLERS......

THANKS AGAIN.

Bat

• 13. Re: Playing in the Capture window.

Hi

Bat

glad you got it sorted, what gpu do you have and did you use beta drivers.

please tick correct answer.

Baz