2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 5:30 AM by agente_de_comm

Download Adobe Reader 10.1.1-Error "Program Manager"

agente_de_comm

Hi everyone,

Is someone, could help me please ?

When I want to download the latest version of Adobe Reader X 10.1.1, at 96 % during the download, it tells me to quit "Program Manager" to continue downloading...

But every program is already closed !!! What does that mean ?

My version of Adobe is 9.4 and I want the latest version, because of the better Print options.

Thanks for answering !

MC

• 1. Re: Download Adobe Reader 10.1.1-Error "Program Manager"
          pwillener Level 8

I don't know what "Program Manager" is.

I suggest that you download the full installer from http://get.adobe.com/reader/direct/ or http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

• 2. Re: Download Adobe Reader 10.1.1-Error "Program Manager"
            agente_de_comm Level 1

Hi,

thanks for answering, i've tried to download it with that link, that doesn't work at all

But

I found solution in other discussion with Adobe reader 9.0, (and there's still the same problem and solution with 10.1.1)

ryelandhill says :"Ctrl-Alt-Del then select Task Manager. Select the Processes tab and look for a process with an 'Image Name' of explorer.exe. Select it then click 'End Process'.

Your Desktop icons and the task bar will disappear, but don't panic, you should then be able to continue with the installation. After the installation reboot the computer and all should be OK".

I followed Ryelandhill's advice and opened my task bar by using CTRL+ALT+DEL and went to the processes and ended process "explorer.exe" and that made Adobe download flawlessly.  After it finished downloading i just did File->Run "explorer.exe" and everything reappeared.  Although, it is kind of a ghetto work around it still works well and id reccomend using this method if you have the same problems downloading

Now everything is perfect !

Thanks !!