1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 10:35 AM by Brian Havlin

Multiple selections with show/hide option

Vince Ray

I am designing an order form which has alot of products on it.

I need to select from 2 categories - one being Brand, and the other Colour.

Can you set up the show/hide rule so that if the user selects Brand A and Colour Black, it only shows the relevant data?

But then if a user selects Brand B and Colour Black, I dont want it showing them Brand A products as well.  But because the show/hide rule is set up to show 'Black' products when Black is selected, it shows all the other product brands as well.....

Any way to work around this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Multiple selections with show/hide option
          Brian Havlin Adobe Employee

Vince,

Here are a couple of screenshots of an example form where 4 form elements are shown based on the value of the first two fields. The behavior is such that none of the items are visible until the user selects a value in both of the fields.

The default state of the form:

form.png

The form after the user selects the values "A" and "All":

form1.png

The show/hide rule for the "Show if Red A" text field is configured to show the item when the value of the "Brand" field is not B and the value of the "Color" field is not Black. Here's a screenshot of the show/hide rule:

rule1.png

Similarly, the show/hide rule for the "Show if Black B" text field (not shown in the screenshots) is configured to show the item when the value of the "Brand" field is not A and the value of the "Color" field is not Red. Here's a screenshot of the show/hide rule for that item:

rule2.png

I imagine that you have a number of different brands and colors, in which case you would need to include additional "is not" conditions. There is a bug in the rule authoring UI where the additional conditions would be incorrectly marked as being in conflict with other conditions. You can ignore the warnings for the time being. The bug will be fixed in a future release.

Regards,

Brian