• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate SWF Quality Poor in Presenter 7.0

May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
My company recently purchased Presenter 6 to run on PowerPoint 2003, which was great - we were able to produce some really high quality content by incorporating screenshots, clip-art, Flash animations and Captivate movies.

Then the dreaded upgrades began. We move to PowerPoint 2007 and were forced to upgrade to Presenter 7.0, which at the time didn't seem like a big deal. However, since upgrading I've noticed that graphics and in particular Captivate SWFs displayed in the Presenter output are of a pretty low quality. I've set the image setting to High in Presenter but it makes no difference.

I'm pretty sure it's not Captivate because the SWF output looks perfectly good if played on its own directly in a web browser.

Has anybody out there noticed this with Presenter 7 and if so, have you got any idea why it happens and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Alex Samson
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2008 Jun 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There is no reason that Captivate swf that played fine on Presenter6/PowerPoint2003 should show up in degraded quality in Presenter7/PowerPoint2007.
The image quality settings won't change anything in the Captivate swf.
My best guess would be that the Captivate swf contains some screenshots and the size of the flash object inserted into the slide is not letting flash player draw the image properly.

Try adjusting the size of the flash object that gets inserted into the slide to be same as how it appeared in P6/Office2003.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources