14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 11:40 AM by JustinKelley68

Urgent--Need help with RoboHelp webhelp output that is crashing

JustinKelley68 Level 1

I urgently need help with this problem. I have translators waiting on me for a solution to this problem. I have a RoboHelp 8 project that is crashing when I try to generate one of the webhelp outputs. I have three different webhelp outputs, 2 out of the three are working fine. One crashes everytime I try to generate it.

I made a backup of my project and figured I could just recreate the corrupted output again. Yet haven't had luck.

I tried these different steps based on suggestions I saw in this forum and on Peter Grainge's web site:

• I tried just deleting the project cpd file. Then I opened the xpj file again and tried to generate the corrupted output. Same results, RH crashed during the generation.

• I tried renaming the existing xpj file and then opened the hhp file to generate a new xpj file. Same results, RH crashed during the generation of this one output.

• I tried deleting both the xpj file and the cpd file and then opened the hhp file. When I do this, I lose all the existing webhelp outputs that I created. That seemed OK. I have the master project, so I could recreate them. But I also lose all my conditional build settings and variable sets. I also lose all my conditional build tags too. This is a lot of work  to reapply them all. Is there any way to avoid doing that and get this one corrupted output working?

I'm running Adobe RoboHelp version 8.0.2.208