2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 11:54 AM by Rick Gerard

Sending to Render Queue

Adam_Forbes

Lets say I'm in a composition and I'm ready to render,  I mark my in and out points using the "B" and "N" commands.  Then when I Send to render Queue and look at the Render settings the START and END Frame numbers are not exactly the same as the in & Out points i just made.  They are usually off by about 2 frames.  For example I set in and out points on frame 93 to 206 but when you look in render settings it says 92-204.

Can Someone Explain this.  In my particular project it really matters that I render out the EXACT FRAMES.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Sending to Render Queue
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

This is more of a workaround than a solution.

Duplicate your comp, use the b and n keys, then use the Composition>Trim comp to work area.  Add it to the Render Queue, and see how things work out.

The only other things that immediately come to mind are:

1) a frame rate mismatch between footage & comp, which might cause such a condition,

2) using the wrong frame rate for your Time Display Units, which is possible, or

3) using Open GL acceleration for rendering, a common cause of AE weirdness.

• 2. Re: Sending to Render Queue
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your numbers should match unless you're pushing the Render Settings to a different frame rate, adding 3:2 pulldown and interlacing, or doing something else with the settings. AE allows you to set the start frame number in composition settings, allows you to specify drop frame, non-drop frame time code, feet and frames. All of these should translate directly to the Render Cue. FYI, you should only change the frame rate in the Render Settings if you know exactly what you're doing and you are going for something other than a normal render. Anything else will foul up the output.

Set the CTI to frame 10, press B, set the cti to frame 510 and press N, the render cue work area def should say start 10, end 510, total 501.