1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 4:10 PM by P_Forrest

OT: Adobe eLearning Suite 2.5 with my Production Premium Suite CS55

P_Forrest Level 1

Hey gang,

I already have the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium suite but I realized I need Dreamweaver now.  I also would like Captivate (not available in other suites) and it seems I can upgrade from my current to suite to a "Adobe eLearning Suite 2.5" for $399 that has both programs and sounds reasonable to me.  That eLearning Suite has already a lot of the programs from my ProPro suite.   Will that cause any problems for installation when I buy it as a download or will it just know that I already have version of Photoshop,  Acrobat X etc... already installed.   Sorry, if this sounds dumb but I don't know how these two suites would interact.

cheers,

Peter

• 1. Re: OT: Adobe eLearning Suite 2.5 with my Production Premium Suite CS55
          P_Forrest Level 1

Here's the answer to add to the knowledge base on this group.

I bought/downloaded the eLearning Suite 2.5 and I tried to install it.   Of course it first asked for the suite serial # that worked, but then it asked for a serial # of a valid upgrade product.  One had to select a product from the list but the Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium was not in the list and my serial # from it did not work when entered with any other product. 

When you go to click on the buy button for the eLearning Suite 2.5, it gives you option to upgrade with CS55 Pro Prem.  Though in the "Buying guide : Upgrade eligibility tab", the suite is not mentioned.    http://www.adobe.com/products/elearningsuite/buying-guide-new.displayTab2.html

Strangely enough, I did buy Photoshop CS2 separately a long time ago and that serial # was recognized as the upgrade product during the installation process.  I did not carry through with that installation because of these new impending "1 back" upgrade policies, so I phoned Adobe and they gave me a new serial # for the eLearning suite and I didn't require a secondary upgrade number.  8-)  

During installation, it showed me a dialog box of things already installed  (i.e.  Photoshop, Audition).    Needless to say, everything is now installed and everything works like a charm.

The reason why I bought this suite is because I wanted Captivate and it is not in the Master Collection (I thought as an upgrade possibility) and I really need Dreamwaver as well.

cheers,

Peter