12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 7:12 AM by the_wine_snob

Error in Premiere Element 10

citya1 Level 1

I used the Premiere Element 10 to edit some videos and lately encountered the following error repeatedly when I tried to render the project. I tried reinstalling the video clips and also uninstalled the program (Element 10) 3 times and re-installed it but the problem was still there. Could it be the error was still in the cache,data file, registry or elsewhere that were not deleted when I uninstall the program. The error message is [..\..\Src\FileCache\FileCache.cpp_962] . Appreciate if anyone is able to help. Thanks 

• 1. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder did this video come from and what format is it?

Which project settings did you select when you set up your Premiere Elements project? When you add your video to your timeline, are there red lines above the clips?

How fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your C drive?

What operating system are you using? Have you got the latest version of Quicktime?

• 2. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

To help us get started with the troubleshooting, take a look at this ARTICLE and list the elements mentioned in it, regarding the Source Files, the Project, and your equipment.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
              citya1 Level 1

Hi Bill,

Thanks very much for your prompt response. I am making up a list of all the information and will post as soon as it is done.

Best regards,

Edmund

• 4. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                citya1 Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for your prompt response. I am gathering the info and will post them as soon as they are ready.

Best regards,

Edmund

• 5. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                  citya1 Level 1

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late reply as I had to go out of town for some urgent business. Here are some additional information:-

1) The Camcorders that I used were Sony HDR-CX110 & Sony HDR-TG1. The recording format is AVCHD 1080/60i.

2) The project setting was 1080/30 (not sure, should I set it exactly the same as camera setting?). I thought a lower setting will take up less memory space,  the video burnt on the DVD turned out OK.

3) Previously, there were always Red lines above the video clips on the Timeline but recently, some of the video clips do not have red or green lines above the video clips. If I add a Motion node on the yellow line of the Video clips of those that do not have red lines, the blank line above the video clips will turn Red.

4) My Samsung laptop's Processor is Intel (R) i5CPU, M480@2.67Ghz

RAM: 4GB (3.79 usable),  System Type: 64 bit Operating System (PC)

Window 7  Home Edition, Service Pack 1

5) My project is to combine and edit a few songs and dramas (6 of them) with Titles and subtitles and burn them on to a DVD-9 as the files are too big for a DVD5. The size of the project is about 5.8GB.  I made 2 DVDs, one of them do not have the problem.

My C-Drive is 150GB and D-Drive is 295GB. The free space available on my C-Drive ranges from 15 to 20 GB and free space on my D-drive ranges from  20 to 40 GB. The Pre10 Preview Files took up a big portion--140GB of my D-DRIVE.  I dare not delete some of the earlier preview files as I am not sure whether they will affect my project other that requiring me to re-render them.Can I delete or move some of the earlier preview file to an exteral drive?

The error  that appeared every now and then sometimes prevented me from rendering further but sometimes allow me to continue. Whether the error statement appeared or not, the end result on the DVD that was burnt was a slight " pause" (about 1 sec) at a particular spot.

The whole video project that was played back on the computer before burning do not show that "pausing" problem at that particular spot. I tried cutting off that few frames, replace the video clip, replace the subtitle, re-rendered the whole project, uninstall/re-install the Pre10, all could not solve the "pausing" problem at that particular spot. 

Sometimes I also have Transcoding error after Encoding 70 to 80% of the Media. 

I have just read a post by mverhaar in the forum on Jan 30, there seems to be some similarities with my problems. Meanwhile, while waiting for your expert advice/comments,  I will try hard to uninstall some of the programs in my C-drive to create more free space on my C-drive and D-drive to see whether it will help to clear up my problem.

Thanks,

Edmund

• 6. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Edmund,

Thanks for that info.

Now, you say:

My C-Drive is 150GB and D-Drive is 295GB. The free space available on my C-Drive ranges from 15 to 20 GB and free space on my D-drive ranges from  20 to 40 GB. The Pre10 Preview Files took up a big portion--140GB of my D-DRIVE.  I dare not delete some of the earlier preview files as I am not sure whether they will affect my project other that requiring me to re-render them.Can I delete or move some of the earlier preview file to an exteral drive?

Are those physical HDD's, or are they partitions? If partitions, see this ARTICLE.

That free-space on C:\ is not enough to function properly with PrE, and is also probably too little to allow for your OS's Virtual Memory (Page File). For PrE, you need at least 40GB, and 60GB is not a bad minimum.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                      citya1 Level 1

Hi Bill,

Thanks very much for the info, the HDD are partitions. Sorry, I cannot get access to the link on "ARTICLE" for partition. Appreciate if you can resend the link again.Thank you very much.

Edmund

• 8. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Edmund,

Try a Copy/Paste of this URL: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/650708?tstart=30

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                          citya1 Level 1

Hi Bill,

Thanks very much for the URL.

Can I add external HDD (with its own power supply) to share the load.?

Thanks.

Edmund

• 10. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

I use a handful of external FW-800 HDD's, and edit to/from them. As I migrate Projects between computers, they work very well, even though all of my computers all have 3, or more, internal HDD's. This article gives some details and tips on using external HDD's: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/784220?tstart=60

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                              citya1 Level 1

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for the info on external HDD and your valuable contributions. Much appreciated. I will have to take a while to sort out free space issues in my HDD.

Thanks again.

Edmund

• 12. Re: Error in Premiere Element 10
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Edmund,

You are most welcome, and I wish to point out that there is a very good, and active Hardware Forum, for Premiere. Now, most folk there are running PrPro, but with the exception of Adobe's Mercury Playback Engine and CUDA support (not available in PrE), everything else will apply to PrE too.

Good luck,

Hunt