0 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2008 7:37 AM by AxcelisAmy

iCalendar items in CFMX 6.1

AxcelisAmy
      I've modified the vCal code at cflibs ( http://cflib.org/udf.cfm?ID=385) to be an iCalendar (vCal version 2.0) item. In the attached code, I've included the original, with my iCal function as the second function. After our Exchange server was upgraded to "Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1" over the weekend, it looks like it has gotten more strict in handling calendar items. We've gone through the following troubleshooting & fixes, and hopefully you'll have idea for the last mile:

1. Messages were not getting through - part of the message on the Exchange server:

550 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service reported an error. The following information should help identify the cause of this error: "MapiExceptionNamedPropsQuotaExceeded:16.18969:BE000000,
      ... "
      Temporary fix: move my e-mail account into a new storage group which had not exceeded the MAPI property quota.

2. Messages, with attached .ics files, were recieved with name "not supported calendar message.ics" - opening the calendar item gave the message "This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring Lunar appointment in iCalendar format. To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead of Lunar."
      Partial Fix: According to http://microformats.org/wiki/icalendar-implementations I was missing one of the three required attributes: of UID, DTSTAMP, and METHOD I was missing UID. After adding a unique identifier, the mail messages with <cfmailpart type="text/calendar">#iCalOutput#</cfmailpart> were being sent as meeting requests, rather than mail messages with attached calendar items.

Remaining issues/questions:
      * Accepting the meeting requests sets the user's time as Busy, while saving the generated calendar item correctly marks time as Out of Office.
      * Some meeting requests are unopenable - clicking on them gives the message "You must specify a valid date and/or time. Check your entries in this dialog box to make sure they represent a valid date and/or time." The only option is to click OK - there are no actual dialog box entries to check.
      * I do not know if additonal MAPI properties are being generated by the CFMAIL generated messages.