1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2012 6:36 AM by Mylenium

Exporting Layered EXR Sequences

oZDurose

Hey guys,

Does any one have a workflow/plug-in suggestions that could allow me to render a sequence as a Layered EXR sequence (including Z Depth.Y and other channels, not just RGBA)?

I need to resize a current multi-channeled EXR sequence from 4096x4096 to 1024x1024 whilst keeping all the correct channel information. I have used the ProEXR plug in which works very well when exporting, but checking the resized renders to the originals there are some obvious colour/luminance problems (ie my greens just aint as green as they used to be).

This is so I can create a proxy, make that look pretty, then replace the proxy with the original and everything look pretty much as pretty as it should.

Any help or EXR resolution converter sort of things would be great.

Cheers

Oz

• 1. Re: Exporting Layered EXR Sequences
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nope, not that I know of. If you already have ProEXR, no doubt you have tried its export from Photoshop as well, have you? If not, give that a whirl. Beyond that this kind of thing would require probably Nuke or anotehr tool that can properly deal with EXRs rather than AE's hacky version of it...

Mylenium