5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2012 10:00 AM by Ned Murphy

Scrubber Bar

seanmc81 Level 1

Was looking for some direction in using this scrubber bar in regards to modifying the ActionScript. I'm having difficulty directing the scrubber to the video clip I'd like it to manage. The scrubtarget needs to be directed to the video, but I can't accurately code it. The note in the AS panel says:

scrubTarget = _root.whateverMovieClipYouWantToControl.insideOfAnotherMovieClip.insideYetAnotherMovieCli p

- - Thx in advance for your suggestions - -

• 1. Re: Scrubber Bar
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The way that is written is backwards if that is what it showed.  You target objects working from the outside in, so it should have said something like...

scrubTarget = _root.parentOfMovieClipYouWantToControl.whateverMovieClipYouWantToControl

Wherein I left out any potential other in-between movieclips that would also be involved if the movieclip is nested deeper.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Scrubber Bar
            seanmc81 Level 1

Hmm well now I think the real problem is that my original fla file is version flash player 9 and AS1, and this file that I'm trying to incorporate is version flash player 7 and AS2. Is there any fix for that? I've tried publishing the scrubber file with the same settings as my other, but it doesn't work.

• 3. Re: Scrubber Bar

I'd go with making whatever file you are trying to create FP version 9 and AS2 if the Flash settings allow you to set them as such.  AS1 and AS2 are nearly the same language, just AS2 adds more to it.  It is possible AS1 does not support a scrubber component... it was very limited in terms of supporting components.

• 4. Re: Scrubber Bar
                seanmc81 Level 1

Cool - thanks Ned.

• 5. Re: Scrubber Bar

You're welcome