2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2012 10:15 AM by cortnimarie06

Help with automatic guides?? Please!

cortnimarie06

I hope I can make this make sense...

I'm a beginner with InDesign. I've been using Photoshop for years, I am a photographer, and I'd like to say I know my way around Photoshop pretty well. I'm very comfortable with it. So InDesign isn't TOO complicated for me. The big thing right now is something that I actually noticed on accident when I first started using it. I hope this makes sense, please bear with me...haha

As I was resizing images, I noticed Adobe was automatically guiding me. It was showing me the widths and helping me snap the images into place so that they align with the other objects in the document. It was AWESOME! Helps big time, especially since at work my bosses are very particular about margins and spacing. It was a very simple tool. Now, it's not doing it! Is there a way to engage this? I must have hit something not realizing that disabled it... I'm not sure but man I sure am bummed out right now. I don't know what it's even called so I don't know how to search for answers. ANY help would be awesome!!

Thanks so much!!!